Slope and DS videos

Skip

Its Fine Chris, Because its Digital its really not great in Overcast , but get it out in the Brightness and its Great bit of Kit , You cant use Windows Movie maker , you need a movie editor that deals with Mov files, if you search im sure there will be free versions about , Sighting a Keyfob is a ***** , they always seem to record Lower than you would think , so get your camera on the peak of a hat but put it on your head Peak a bit higher than normal . Just remember that its only relevant to the Flyer hahahah , Kidding . You will find it adds a little more to your flying , and your memorys . Well Done , :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bob

Bobbyr said:

You cant use Windows Movie maker , you need a movie editor that deals with Mov files, if you search im sure there will be free versions about Bob

Thanks Bob! I have Windows 7, and the new version of Movie Maker (called Live Movie Maker) that comes with that can, I believe, handle .MOV files.

All with the help of that RCG link, I've downloaded an older version of WMM (6.0), and also a free converter to convert the files to .AVI. I''ve consequently been able to do some cutting and snipping (and even titles), but have stalled now at adding audio. Every time I select a music track it comes up with something about not having the correct codec :confused: …

Oh yes, and I''ve successfully removed the date / time stamp :clap: ..

Sunshine you say? Whassat?

Try the free trial of Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 9.0 it can handle .mov without conversion and runs much more efficiently than WMM, good if you have a slower computer, its cheap to buy as well at £25. One happy user! :D

Tom F

Thanks Tom, that sounds interesting! I'm getting somewhere with the music, using a standard sample track on the 'pooter, seems MP3 is more adoptable..

You need Audio Codecs mate ,             Find Klite Codec pack(http://www.free-codecs.com/k_l.....wnload.htm) , its free, its malaware free , just read as you intall so not to install a toolbar or anything like , it will contain every codec you want , Unfortunately converting to Avi files is killing your resolution , thats the point , you need a Movie editor that handles HD at 720p , Mov files are not able to be converted on Windows 7 movie maker , or moviemaker 6 . However 6 in my opinion is easier to follow than the latest one.      Maybe this http://www.afterdawn.com/softw...../super.cfm             But its up to you , and always make sure you have a anti virus operational , to scan any file you download mate .                                   Good luck                                       Bob

isoaritfirst

I have left if brewing and gone to bed.

Boat to catch in the morning.

It should be ready by then.

Just a bit of fun in the sun from last weekend.

"Phil does Wenlock"

isoaritfirst said:

"Phil does Wenlock"
You seem to have forgotten to go to a slope? Was the theory that there would be enough uplift caused by the trees, or were you after thermals? Gutted about Lundy - I only just joined and saw that there might be last minute spaces, but it's too late now to get a few days off work...

Phil.Taylor

Woodstock said:

I'm getting somewhere with the music, using a standard sample track on the 'pooter, seems MP3 is more adoptable..

Chris – just "rip" your music CDs to MP3s in Windows Media Player – then use the MP3 in the video – simple!

(I'm on Windows 7 too)

Phil.

Phil.Taylor said:
Chris – just "rip" your music CDs to MP3s in Windows Media Player – then use the MP3 in the video – simple!

(I'm on Windows 7 too)

Phil.

Thanks Phil, I've been needing to convert stuff to MP3 so I can compile discs for the new car, I haven't ever done that.. I have a huge iTunes collection, can I convert any of those (probably not, knowing Apple :mad: )?

Bobbyr said:

You need Audio Codecs mate , Find Klite Codec pack(http://www.free-codecs.com/k_l.....wnload.htm) , its free, its malaware free , just read as you intall so not to install a toolbar or anything like , it will contain every codec you want , Unfortunately converting to Avi files is killing your resolution , thats the point , you need a Movie editor that handles HD at 720p , Mov files are not able to be converted on Windows 7 movie maker , or moviemaker 6 . However 6 in my opinion is easier to follow than the latest one. Maybe this http://www.afterdawn.com/softw...../super.cfm But its up to you , and always make sure you have a anti virus operational , to scan any file you download mate . Good luck Bob

Thanks again, Bob, very valuable advice, as I am 'pooter illiterate, I will follow all this up :clap:

Right Bob, I've installed that codec thingy, but TBH I don't know what a codec is and what to do with this software :o

I did notice the degradation in quality when I converted to .AVI.

YouTube also didn't accept the .avi file, it said it wanted .WMV :confused: . I think I need to download that other freeware editor...

Phil.Taylor

Sony Vegas = professional grade video editor - but also easy to use for the basics - I've used it for all my "good" videos

download a trial version here:http://www.sonycreativesoftwar.....s/vegaspro

(don't know what the limitations on the trial version are - Rooster-X recommended it earlier in this thread - I'm using an earlier full version)

Phil.

Chris, Klite installs all the codecs (decripting software) your PC needs , Media players and Audio/Video editing software uses them to create/play different video and Audio codecs like MP3,mp4,Avi,Divx,.Mov.h264 and many others.                                          So dont mess with any settings.          Video editing on WM6 is a good way to learn , when your confident with that , then make a step on .                     Dont Buy Video Editing software just yet , you may not like doing it , trial software is usually limited to say 15 min vids , over 30 days .         But i will try and find 1 freeware for you thats easy to use .                              Bob

Phil.Taylor

OK - just downloaded the trial version of Sony Vegas 10 (64 bit) - free - works just fine - can edit & save

still dont know the limitations (in any) - other than it asks you to go & buy the full sw when you close it - but you dont have to!

Great - I've needed that for my new laptop for ages

Phil.

Sony is this            You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration within 30 days.  so 30 day trial             Bob

Phil.Taylor

you have to register to activate it anyway (did that)

folks seem to be saying 30 day trial - cant find that officially anywhere

theres probably "a way around that" (!)

(and there seem to be other cheaper "consumer" Vegas variants other than "pro")

Phil.