Slope and DS videos

1,285 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

OK - just downloaded the trial version of Sony Vegas 10 (64 bit) - free - works just fine - can edit & save

still dont know the limitations (in any) - other than it asks you to go & buy the full sw when you close it - but you dont have to!

Great - I've needed that for my new laptop for ages

Phil.

Posted · Report post

Sony is this            You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration within 30 days.  so 30 day trial             Bob

Posted · Report post

you have to register to activate it anyway (did that)

folks seem to be saying 30 day trial - cant find that officially anywhere

theres probably "a way around that" (!)

(and there seem to be other cheaper "consumer" Vegas variants other than "pro")

Phil.

Posted · Report post

If you go for Sony Vegas Pro HD 9 its only £25 after your 30 day trial, I've installed it on a couple of computers at home and it seems to work fine. You can even use one machine as a slave to do all the rendering without clogging up your main computer, but I haven't tried that yet, I find with 720p if I keep the clips down to 4 mins it takes roughly 30 mins to render 720p

Tom F

Posted · Report post

Thanks Tom - £25 for Vegas Pro 9 is great value - I'm on 8 on my old machine

(£500+ for 10 is a bit steep!)

Phil.

Posted · Report post

Lots of interesting stuff here. I've still got so much to learn, I'm still struggling with getting my second CD ripped to mp3 :(

Posted · Report post

More fun at Ellwood! This was filmed the same day as the original

Cruising at Ellwood video posted earlier, but the wind had backed off a bit to around 6-8mph. Still plenty of fun to be had :)

Steve

Posted · Report post

From our French friends ;)

http://vimeo.com/25316110

Posted · Report post

Aren't L1impulsif's videos just the best? I love them! I hope he makes a DVD someday :)

Steve

Posted · Report post

Well, I have finally sort of got the basic hang of Sony Vegas editor (on trial), and put together some footage from the same day I did the Voltij:

http://vimeo.com/27255915

Posted · Report post

Well done Chris - award yourself a Guinness

nice flying toowelcome to the world of video editing - time consuming isnt it?

(and your vertical aim still needs tweaking on the sighting-device)

Phil.

Posted · Report post

Time consuming? TIME CONSUMING??? Sheesh, it's takes FOR EV ER !

Yeah, aim is out on the high stuff. Have a aiming device fitted to the helmet (a lightweight Aldi's ski helmet) now - and I've got rid of the date / time stamp :mad: ..

Posted · Report post

not quite forever - but 3mins finished video from 30mins flying could easily take me 3hours

and then theres the uploading, and the waiting for it to convert...

Phil.

Posted · Report post

Well chris , Im impressed , you did a good job , and all you need after getting Time/date stamp removed is have a bright day with the sun behind you , That Little Camera just needs to be in the bright to get the best from it , but still a great first go ish , Well Done m8 , :clap: :clap: Tis a bit short though . Pfffft :D Bob p.s I bet you watch it and relive almost every detail of the flight , Very Rewarding in my Opinion ;)

Posted · Report post

Phil.Taylor said:

not quite forever – but 3mins finished video from 30mins flying could easily take me 3hoursand then theres the uploading, and the waiting for it to convert…Phil.
Plus trawling through loads of music to get something you think strikes the right note!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the kind comments guys :) !

Waiting for sun is going to take a while: we're not having a proper summer here :( .....

Obviously my time taken included learning all about rendering, ripping, the ins and outs of the editing software, and yes Rog, I was amazed how long it took to find the right note!

Posted · Report post

I spend hours and hours editing vid's , Just cos I enjoy it :D If you get a good vid at the end all the better ;)

Nice vid chris

Lee

Posted · Report post

Thanks Lee ;) ! And, because I'm slightly proud of my first-ever vidjoe, I'm posting the link again in case the escapees from Lundy (it IS a prison island, isn't it?) missed it earlie :D r:

http://vimeo.com/27255915

Posted · Report post

Today on Portland , Just Greg Dakin giving his caldera a work out in some cliff Lift :clap: :clap:

I know its long but when you see it , i couldnt cut any of it out . If its to long for you , dont watch it all :D :D

Bob

Posted · Report post

Whey-hey, finally some slope action PLUS sunshine! It's been a dreary, dull summer here.

The little keycam works so much better in sunshine, so when exploring a new slope

(closer to Tralee than my normal slope at Camp for northerlies) I had to take advantage! My old Voltij has been with me for a while, but keeps on getting better..

It's an all-carbon version with flaps and ailerons wings and solid joiners.

I didn't build as per Aeromod's suggestion of aileron servos in the fuse -

I stuffed all 4 servos in the wings as per conventional practice. You tell me if that slows the roll rate down!

Posted · Report post

Well Done Chris :clap: Nice that a bit o Sunshine got to your neck of the woods :D only 1 comment WILL YOUNG :confused: WTF :D :D Bob

Posted · Report post

I thought it suited the mood. I suppose if your'e into grunge death metal maybe not.... :)

Posted · Report post

:clap: Nice flying Chris, not sure I'd be happy flying a non-bouncy model like that! (note to self - must be more brave :D )