Slope and DS videos

1,287 posts in this topic

Posted

Woodstock said:
Thanks! Done already - just a single steel strip coming from one side seems adequate (I hope) - I'm a bit one-eyed really, so I found a double sighting thing (like your two bolts) gives me a odd effect...

OK - you'll have to remember to move your head up & down to keep it from going out the top of the frame then!2x bolts is "old hat" - I'm now on sighting_device V2.2 - which works well

Mugshot_SD2.jpg

Phil.

Posted

jeez Phil wish youd have come this year...............think of the photo opps ..... ;)

Posted

Congrats Chris on having a bash. It's not easy, esp getting the sighting device lined up exactly.

Did you think about getting the #11 version of the keyfob camera- records in 720p HD ,and costs about £24?

Keep going, you've got until Novenber to make the Surfimp's aero contest deadline!

Posted

cliffhanger said:

Did you think about getting the #11 version of the keyfob camera- records in 720p HD ,and costs about £24? 
I thought that's what I had bought...

Posted

Woodstock said:

cliffhanger said:

I thought that's what I had bought...

video looks like a No.11 to me!oh, and I'm told its better on a bright day - do you get any of them over your way? ;) Phil.

Posted

...not that many (particularly in summer) ...

Posted

The key fob cam video looks better if you reduce the comtrast and saturation . Avidmux settings I use are

Filter Colors/Mplayer eq2: Contrast 90, Brightness 0, Saturation 70

This works for me. Needed a couple of test runs to align it.

DSCF1469.jpgholder1.jpg

Posted

Phil.Taylor said:

Mugshot_SD2.jpg

Phil.

You must drive the ladies crazy with that!

Posted

Its Fine Chris, Because its Digital its really not great in Overcast , but get it out in the Brightness and its Great bit of Kit , You cant use Windows Movie maker , you need a movie editor that deals with Mov files, if you search im sure there will be free versions about , Sighting a Keyfob is a ***** , they always seem to record Lower than you would think , so get your camera on the peak of a hat but put it on your head Peak a bit higher than normal . Just remember that its only relevant to the Flyer hahahah , Kidding . You will find it adds a little more to your flying , and your memorys . Well Done , :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bob

Posted

Bobbyr said:

You cant use Windows Movie maker , you need a movie editor that deals with Mov files, if you search im sure there will be free versions about Bob

Thanks Bob! I have Windows 7, and the new version of Movie Maker (called Live Movie Maker) that comes with that can, I believe, handle .MOV files.

All with the help of that RCG link, I've downloaded an older version of WMM (6.0), and also a free converter to convert the files to .AVI. I''ve consequently been able to do some cutting and snipping (and even titles), but have stalled now at adding audio. Every time I select a music track it comes up with something about not having the correct codec :confused: …

Oh yes, and I''ve successfully removed the date / time stamp :clap: ..

Sunshine you say? Whassat?

Posted

Try the free trial of Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 9.0 it can handle .mov without conversion and runs much more efficiently than WMM, good if you have a slower computer, its cheap to buy as well at £25. One happy user! :D

Tom F

Posted

Thanks Tom, that sounds interesting! I'm getting somewhere with the music, using a standard sample track on the 'pooter, seems MP3 is more adoptable..

Posted

You need Audio Codecs mate ,             Find Klite Codec pack(http://www.free-codecs.com/k_l.....wnload.htm) , its free, its malaware free , just read as you intall so not to install a toolbar or anything like , it will contain every codec you want , Unfortunately converting to Avi files is killing your resolution , thats the point , you need a Movie editor that handles HD at 720p , Mov files are not able to be converted on Windows 7 movie maker , or moviemaker 6 . However 6 in my opinion is easier to follow than the latest one.      Maybe this http://www.afterdawn.com/softw...../super.cfm             But its up to you , and always make sure you have a anti virus operational , to scan any file you download mate .                                   Good luck                                       Bob

Posted

I have left if brewing and gone to bed.

Boat to catch in the morning.

It should be ready by then.

Just a bit of fun in the sun from last weekend.

"Phil does Wenlock"

Posted

isoaritfirst said:

"Phil does Wenlock"
You seem to have forgotten to go to a slope? Was the theory that there would be enough uplift caused by the trees, or were you after thermals? Gutted about Lundy - I only just joined and saw that there might be last minute spaces, but it's too late now to get a few days off work...

Posted

I think I prefer the other video you did of that site :)

Posted

Woodstock said:

I'm getting somewhere with the music, using a standard sample track on the 'pooter, seems MP3 is more adoptable..

Chris – just "rip" your music CDs to MP3s in Windows Media Player – then use the MP3 in the video – simple!

(I'm on Windows 7 too)

Phil.

Posted

Phil.Taylor said:
Chris – just "rip" your music CDs to MP3s in Windows Media Player – then use the MP3 in the video – simple!

(I'm on Windows 7 too)

Phil.

Thanks Phil, I've been needing to convert stuff to MP3 so I can compile discs for the new car, I haven't ever done that.. I have a huge iTunes collection, can I convert any of those (probably not, knowing Apple :mad: )?

Posted

Bobbyr said:

You need Audio Codecs mate , Find Klite Codec pack(http://www.free-codecs.com/k_l.....wnload.htm) , its free, its malaware free , just read as you intall so not to install a toolbar or anything like , it will contain every codec you want , Unfortunately converting to Avi files is killing your resolution , thats the point , you need a Movie editor that handles HD at 720p , Mov files are not able to be converted on Windows 7 movie maker , or moviemaker 6 . However 6 in my opinion is easier to follow than the latest one. Maybe this http://www.afterdawn.com/softw...../super.cfm But its up to you , and always make sure you have a anti virus operational , to scan any file you download mate . Good luck Bob

Thanks again, Bob, very valuable advice, as I am 'pooter illiterate, I will follow all this up :clap:

Posted

Right Bob, I've installed that codec thingy, but TBH I don't know what a codec is and what to do with this software :o

I did notice the degradation in quality when I converted to .AVI.

YouTube also didn't accept the .avi file, it said it wanted .WMV :confused: . I think I need to download that other freeware editor...