5 replies to this topic

#1 Gary B

Gary B

Flying Officer

• BARCS Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 23:18 PM

Hi folks,

I have recently bought a used Multiplex glider which I am fairly sure is a 'Fiesta' although the previous owner (and builder) thinks otherwise, he couldn't remember the name though.

The fuselage is identical to a 'Fiesta SF' (what does the 'SF' mean?!) but the wings are built-up where they are normally foam veneered jobs.There's nothing wrong with it, flies very nicely but I would like to find out more about it. I am guessing that it is from around 1980.

Can post some photos if I remember to take some next time I'm at the field with it.Looks like a 'Ritz 2' section wing, has ballast tubes behind the spars and a lifting section all-moving tailplane.Maybe there is a plan or instructions out there?! I don't need them but I get some kind of weird pleasure out of reading them!!

Cheers

Gary

#2 RGPuk

RGPuk

Flying Officer

• BARCS Members
  • 439 posts
  • LocationLeeds, West Yorkshire

Posted 17 November 2011 - 23:33 PM

A quick Google found this:http://www.flickr.co.....590401549/Posted ImageRo.

Edited by RGPuk, 17 November 2011 - 23:34 PM.

#3 Gary B

Gary B

Flying Officer

• BARCS Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 23:52 PM

Yep, have seen that cheers.

It's the same fuselage and tailplane but the wings are built up, further in that Flickr photo stream are foam wings. 'Sages' say that the Fiesta never had built up wings but I am guessing that early ones did.

All a bit mysterious at the moment.

GB

#4 Gary B

Gary B

Flying Officer

• BARCS Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 20:28 PM

Today's top tip on flying classic gliders is to remember to take the tailplanes with you to the field!! :)

Also forgot the 'Chieftain' tailplanes so the dog got a good walk and both models came home in one piece.

GB

#5 RGPuk

RGPuk

Flying Officer

• BARCS Members
  • 439 posts
  • LocationLeeds, West Yorkshire

Posted 18 November 2011 - 21:50 PM

Smooth.

A twist on that; I drove away from the slope after a good afternoons hooning about this summer - only to realise, a couple of miles down the road, that I'd left the dog behind. ..... :o

Ro.

#6 Gary B

Gary B

Flying Officer

• BARCS Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 21:58 PM

It's worrying isn't it?!!

Have now rubber banded the tails to their matching wings, this new system may or may not work!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users