Mr Ed

Group Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 19:35 pm

Jon_F said:

Cunning!....but how please?

Switch N is assigned to MIX3 in switch assignments.

Spoiler input to aileron and flaps is switched by switch N in the relevant mixers. The landing phase also has no camber or reflex and de-couples aileron to flap mixing when the throttle/brake stick applies more than 25% Crow.

In flight I only use the switch O on the left for flight phases. Then before landing I can just flick switch N to activate the Crow option. Nice and simple. Of course if I get bored I can tweak the camber in the cruise mode on slider F (in reflex and camber mode this is overridden to preset values) I can turn off and on snap flap with a centre dead zone (Switch I) turn on and off a tiny bit of aileron to rudder mix (Switch G) but mainly the only other controls I'd play with would be diifferential (left hand digiadjuster) and snapflap amount (right hand digi adjuster).

It is as simple or as complex as you like. Currently I mainly just switch the Flight phases and tweak diff with different amounts of rudder coupling.

#32 satinet

satinet

Air Vice-Marshal

• BARCS Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2012 - 19:56 pm

don't you want to disable the spoiler input in to the elevator mix as well?

Otherwise the elevator will still move. I can't really remember the evo that well (I've tried to blank the experience from my mind), but on the p-diddy you could just set a fixed value for the control which would stop the stick working (either on a switch or in a certain flight phase).

maybe you can set a fixed value for a control in the evo (not sure). bear in mind being an evo if you change something in the mixers it will do the same thing in all the models that use those mixers. The joy of the legendary global mixers...........

#33 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Group Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 20:50 pm

Good point about the elevator comp. I'd just remembered that and was rushing back to post...

Oh and the reason I have a separate landing phase rather than just turn off the brakes with a switch is that I have a few other things changed like more aileron throw as the plane is going slower and with no flap mixing, no diff but some rudder mixed in and more down elevator so I am still able apply a lot of down even when the full spoiler compensation is in operation.Just one switch and it all happens. :)

#34 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Group Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 20:54 pm

And of course in retrospect the answer to Jon_F's original question is not to try and turn on and off spoilers in the assignment menu but instead to disable their effect in the Mixer Menu they control be it for Aileron, Flap or Elevator. Just choose a free switch and there you go. 

#35 Jon_F

Jon_F

Pilot Officer

• BARCS Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWest Surrey

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:53 am

Thanks guys - all sorted (I believe :party: )..

I've used switch 'N' assigned to 'Mix-3'. I previously had and still do have Mix 1 for snap and Mix 2 for Ail / flap coupling. Here's what I had to do; 1. Re-assign the coupled aileron / rudder (CS/DTC) from switch 'N' - to an unused switch - in this case 'G'2.

Go into the Set Up menu - Mixer def - go into each of the pre-defined mix's for ELEVATR+, AILERON+ and FLAP+ and change the 'Spoiler' from 'ON' to 'MX3'.

3.Go to Set up menu - Assign.List - Switches - and assigned switch 'N' to Mix-3'

At this point it all worked o.k. until I realised I still had elevator compensation on the spoiler stick - so: 4. Go to 'Ctrl Mix' in the Mixer menu and change switch setting to 'MX3'.

I think this will work for me as all I now need to do is flick switch N away with my forefinger when it's landing time. ..on a separate matter, there seems to be differing opinions about de-coupling the aileron and flaps for landing i.e. potential for adverse yaw.

I've tried both and I'm not sure, I understand the arguement but in practice, I'm not finding much difference? Thanks again for the contributions - great to learn something new.
Jon Fox 3636

#36 satinet

satinet

Air Vice-Marshal

• BARCS Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:12 am

That's because it makes sod all difference.....

#37 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Group Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 15:01 pm

satinet said:

That's because it makes sod all difference.....

With my Luna (And the Brio before it) if I have full Crow the flaps are down at around 80°. They are producing drag but no lift. If I then apply a fair degree of say right aileron then the right aileron raises a bit and the left aileron drops.

The left flap does nothing but the right flap goes to about 20 down producing a lot less drag a a lot of lift, pretty much cancelling the downward effect of the raised aileron.

The drag on what is supposedly the inside of the turn is also reduced.The two effects combine to make a pretty serious effect on the handling. Hence the switching.I'll pop out and shoot a quick vid in a minute.

#38 satinet

satinet

Air Vice-Marshal

• BARCS Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2012 - 18:38 pm

so you have 60 degrees of up flap when you apply the aileron?

#39 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Group Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 18:49 pm

Yup. I've done something wrong somewhere. 

#40 satinet

satinet

Air Vice-Marshal

• BARCS Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2012 - 18:54 pm

Mr Ed said:

Yup. I've done something wrong somewhere. 

you bought an evo?

#41 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Group Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 19:02 pm

Tart :D

#42 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Group Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:56 am

OK Another Evo programming question.
Can I vary the amount of a mix by a control input?
Say I have a custom aileron to rudder mix but want the amount of the mix to be elevator dependent, is there a way?
On the 4000 it was a piece of cake.
On the Evo I can't see anyway of using the control mix to do this.

#43 hjk4adj

hjk4adj

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:37 pm

Hi all, my first post to the forums.
I'm very glad to find a place where to learn how to better use my Multiplex Royal Pro radio. I haven't find online any other source as detailed as this one. Even though i'm only starting, I came in while searching for ways on how to configure flaps using a multiplex radio. I'm not yet flying the slopes but look fwd to start with the Alula.

Yesterday I saw a DLG demo, today we looked at many of the videos from another forum member: http://www.youtube.c...er/isoaritfirst

Is clear for me that I want to learn more not just about my radio but about Hand Launch Gliders.

So many thanks to everyone posting here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users