Lundylynda

Lundy Fest 2021!

Lundylynda

Well, its been awhile since I last posted , but I just thought we could all do with cheering up a little. So with that in mind, I had this crazy idea that I should organise another Lundy Fest! 

I have done some research and the week commencing September 4th 2021 is available. The Barn is free and there are a lot of other properties available should you not want to cosy up with the snorers! 

So at this stage, I am making some enquiries as to who might be up for it! We will need to get the barn filled up to make it viable, so will put your names down on a first come, first serve basis.

The week's event is likely to include all of the usual entertainment, to include a themed night ( Fancy dress pretty compulsory lol )with food, indoor and outdoor flying comps etc.  

Organising this during the Ist week in September means that the Barn is cheaper than in mid summer so the week ( in the Barn) would cost £106 plus the  Ferry Trip currently £74 plus Meal and indoor flying material costs. So we have a rough estimate of £200 for the week. ( Other than paying for one meal) there is a rather lovely pub where food can be purchased daily or you are able to buy food at the village shop. 

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the island you can find mostly everything you need to know  at www.landmarktrust.org.uk . There's a special link to Lundy. You can also see the other properties that are available to book should you wish to go for that option. You can put down a deposit which is refundable if you decided to pull out up and till 3 months before the date. ( I will check this out- but that was the case when I booked before). As I will need to put a deposit on the Barn , I would appreciate a payment of £100 to secure you place.  At this stage, however, I want to gauge  some interest before I go ahead.

Of course, we are all unsure as to what lies ahead of us with the current situation... but...…...I am sincerely hoping by September 2021, we will all be out and about and able to enjoy the magic of beautiful Lundy Island. Any questions.. fire away:) Once I have sufficient interest I will get the ball rolling... 

Lundy Lynda 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Andy_B

you just know I'm up for it .😇

• Sad 1

oipigface
2 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

you just know I'm up for it .😇

#metoo

• Like 1

Les

Yes please Lynda 

• Like 1

Brett82

Yes please, I've wanted to do my first trip to Lundy for a while.

• Like 1

Lundylynda

So a quick update already. I have made a provisional book of the Barn and a place for Joe and I to stay. I think because there are cancellations due to Corona Virus people are transferring their holidays  into 2021.  So there are currently 14 properties available for that week. It might be a good idea for those not wanting to stay in the Barn to reserve a property now! 

As there are 14 places in the Barn.

The list started is as follows;-

Pete Cubitt 

Andy B

Les

Brett

(I am assuming John and Mark will book a property :)

Adam

Phil T

Gromit
5 hours ago, Lundylynda said:

So a quick update already. I have made a provisional book of the Barn and a place for Joe and I to stay. I think because there are cancellations due to Corona Virus people are transferring their holidays  into 2021.  So there are currently 14 properties available for that week. It might be a good idea for those not wanting to stay in the Barn to reserve a property now! 

As there are 14 places in the Barn.

The list started is as follows;-

Pete Cubitt 

Andy B

Les

Brett

(I am assuming John and Mark will book a property :)

Adam

Phil T

Wooh Hoo ! thank you so very much Lynda for organising a 2021 Lundy slopefest 👏 👏

Gromit & Sam in the Barn please 🤪

Gill will be staying in one of the properties 👍

Looking forward to a  return to Lundy will help to see us through these uncertain times 😷.

Stu, 

fpljohn

Me for the Barn

girls probably but they can stay on there own else were

jP

• Like 1

Lundylynda

Thank you Gromit.. wouldn't be the same without you ! The Nasty Northern' ers I am sure will have plans! So watch out!

So fantastic that Gill is in the Radio room! I will have some female company! and a best friend x

8 Places in the Barn 6 more to go and hopefully some of you will consider staying in some of the very lovely accommodation that Lundy has to offer.

• Like 1

Lundylynda

And now JP Great !!! News...… :) 

5 Places left in the Barn - but of course there will be camping for up to 40 .. as another cheap option.

Andy_B
2 hours ago, Lundylynda said:

Thank you Gromit.. wouldn't be the same without you ! The Nasty Northern' ers I am sure will have plans! So watch out!

Us.................weve got much worse since the last trip ..............be afraid  very afraid    lol

you do realise we need a theme Lynda 

• Haha 2

Gromit

On 26/03/2020 at 20:44, Andy_B said:

Us.................weve got much worse since the last trip ..............be afraid  very afraid    lol

Stu 😄

• Haha 1

Pete Burgess

I'm interested too 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lundylynda

Great News Pete ! A whole week this time  I hope!  So currently we have;-

Pete Cubitt 

Andy B

Les

Brett

Adam

Phil T

JP

Gromit

Sam 

Pete B

Leaving 4 places in the Barn . ( Camping and properties still available) 

• Like 1

oipigface

Landmark don’t seem to be taking bookings until September or October, Lynda.

Lundylynda

We went on line a few days ago and secured the Barn and another property John.  Stuart also managed to book the Radio room. Joe has just tried the website again a few minutes ago and it seems to be working. 4th September - 7 days 2021.  There seems to 12 properties still available. :)

• Like 2

oipigface

I tried a couple of times and got onto a page which announced that 2021 bookings could only be made from September on. (October for folk like me who aren’t patrons or friends.) Today, We had our pick, and went for Stoneycroft, which is quite far from the beer,  but very close to the westerly slope. 
Thanks, Lynda, for sorting this out.

• Like 1

chiloschista

Mhmm, I'm tempted. Could be an occasion to come back to UK again, if I miss this year.

Ric

• Like 2

fpljohn

just book

big st johns for the Girls

JP

• Like 2

Lundylynda

Very lovely to hear from you Ric! .. so it that a ' I definitely want to reserve a place' ? It would be great to see you again! Kindest regards Lynda