Lundy Fest 2021!

Lundylynda

Hi JP .. Big St Johns is a great property ( ask the Trebles !)It's looking like we will have good group going out in 18 months times !! Lets plan  for a good future and some friends to share it with!

A few more space in the barn, some camping options and properties if you go to the Lundy link I provided above.

For anyone thinking about this Lundy week as a possible flying week holiday,  its a week, that's really open to all!  If you relish the idea of peace, tranquillity, and virtually a slope that caters for pretty well.... all directions, then its the perfect place to unwind and fly your favourite unpowered model. We run informal comps during the week, which you can, of course, choose to sign up for, or not if you would prefer to do your own 'thing'. Some might prefer to amble across the Island for the day ( This can take the whole day with a picnic but well worth the effort!)  If you just want to find out what the Island is all about, then you can simply disappear and 'find your own space' for the whole day ,and then perhaps,......  just join us all in the Tavern at the end of the night for a 'laugh', 'darts',' cheesy chips' and perhaps discussions about the 'amazing lift' that Lundy seems to offer glider pilots. We usually have a few ' fun day and evening  get-togethers' and a  fun indoor Barn Comp too!  So for those of you who are great at 'trimming' an indoor model', you will find we have an indoor competition especially designed for you! (This includes any children who may want to partake).

So its a holiday for families too ! There is plenty to occupy a family that loves the outdoors, to include amazing bird colonies, post box hunting, seal watching and occasional' Whale watching'!  Please do not hesitate to contact me if you want to know more. There are now 11 landmark Properties for families for individuals to book on the date that we have reserved (4th September 2021 for 7 nights) at www.landmarktrust.org.uk. This also still includes the cheaper option of  'Camping' which I have done and loved! ( Great showers too and also  near to the pub! ) 

Lyndalynda

• Like 1

chiloschista
12 hours ago, Lundylynda said:

Very lovely to hear from you Ric! .. so it that a ' I definitely want to reserve a place' ? It would be great to see you again! Kindest regards Lynda

Hi Lynda,

ok I'm in, in the barn. Let see how it goes 🤪

Now I have to  find a good way to organize that, but there is time ...

Ric

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chiloschista said:

Hi Lynda,

ok I'm in, in the barn. Let see how it goes 🤪

Now I have to  find a good way to organize that, but there is time ...

Ric

That's great news Ric.... I will put your name on the list! 

I will let you all know the proposed theme for the week. Not quite sure how we can improve on John and Mark's unforgettable appearance as Mary and Baby Jesus! Still cant quite work out how John managed to get a nappy that big ! Does anyone have that photo ? lol 

For anybody thinking of going to Lundy as a  'Lundy virgin'   it is an hilarious week 

I cant begin to describe the amount of stuff that you can get involved in , in the past I've snorkelled ,raced scalelectrix ,fished ,drowned in the amount of rain , seen more stars than ive ever seen anywhere else ,discovered trimming techniques id never thought about (good and bad) had christmas dinner in August ,set fire to toy trains ......LOL

Andy

PS  ive also flown in some fantastic places  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

I thought I had a photo   but I can only find one of Scott with Johns crash helmet on in the pub ...!!

Not mine. It was Wallace’s.

• Haha 1

So after quite a few ideas, and discussions, a few Chardonnay's ( yes I am not Mrs Merlot anymore... ) on the theme for the mid week get-together...…… the idea of ' All at sea' seems appropriate! We will be marooned on the lovely Island for a whole week..together  so ……. I'm sure you will be able to come up with suitable attire for a theme that is very 'wide open' to variations. So, looking forward to what you might decide to 'bring to the midweek, party'. It's not compulsory to wear Fancy Dress ( so don't let this put you off the idea of joining us) but on just one night, we have all had such great fun!

Lundylynda

• Like 1

chiloschista

I will miss the C/L contest😀

I liked it very much at  Welsh fest (it was 2014 already!)

Ric

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Hi Lynda - please put me down for the barn - been a long time - about time I made the trip again 😀

Phil.

Very pleased to hear you will be joining us Phil :) It will be lovely to catch up with you.

Just an update for you . We have the following folks booked into the barn so far-

Pete Cubitt 

Andy B

Les

Brett

Adam

Phil Tolfree

JP

Gromit

Sam 

Pete B

Ric

Phil Taylor

That leaves just 2 places in the Barn

Booked in in properties are

JP's family  Gill, John and Mark , Lundylynda  and Joe. ( So 20 of us so far!)

We have decided to bring back the, Indoor Comp with a new 'slower' model for you to build and also the popular Scalextric Comp.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adam Richardson said:

Hi all. 

Looks like a great line up! Can’t wait. 

you can bring tht clapped out Erwin for its 3 yearly service

Adam Richardson
1 minute ago, Andy_B said:

you can bring tht clapped out Erwin for its 3 yearly service

Could if stu sends me the wing joiners. 

• Haha 1

Hi Lnyda,

pleas put me on the list. I think its worth to come back am may combine it with a weekend of enjoyment at the Welsh Open...

Some cuddling with JP and Uncle Pete as well. What can go wrong?

Cheers

Daniel

• Like 2