Lundy Fest 2021!

Lundylynda

chiloschista

Hello!

I still plan to come and hope everything will play.

I need some informations about luggage etc. My idea was to simply bring the roof box and put it on a dolly to bring it up on the boat and on the island: would that be possible? It is big (~220 x 60 x 40cm).

I would be interested in a B&B for the night before sailing. Suggestions?

I still don't know instead if I come with the caravan. I really would like to go to Rhossili again and eventually The Skirrid etc. But in this case I have to manage a place to leave it safely for a week.

Ric

1 hour ago, chiloschista said:

I need some informations about luggage etc. My idea was to simply bring the roof box and put it on a dolly to bring it up on the boat and on the island: would that be possible? It is big (~220 x 60 x 40cm).

I think the box I took a couple of years ago was a bit bigger. You will need a dolly only to manoeuvre it yourself. The crew are very good once you get to the quay, and on the island.

Be good to see you again!

• Like 1

chiloschista
9 hours ago, oipigface said:

I think the box I took a couple of years ago was a bit bigger. You will need a dolly only to manoeuvre it yourself. The crew are very good once you get to the quay, and on the island.

Be good to see you again!

Thanks for the info! Yes, that was the idea. I probably will need some help to bring it down from the roof, then the dolly is to bring it to the quay and to the barn. So there will not be any problem with dimensions and weight. What about personal luggage?

Looking forward to join the group again = : D 

Phil.Taylor
1 hour ago, chiloschista said:

Thanks for the info! Yes, that was the idea. I probably will need some help to bring it down from the roof, then the dolly is to bring it to the quay and to the barn. So there will not be any problem with dimensions and weight. What about personal luggage?

Looking forward to join the group again = : D 

download the official Lundy travel info here:

https://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/globalassets/1-aa-new-responsive-site-images/website/lundy/documents/lundy-sailing-apr2021.pdf

Phil.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Lundylynda
On 28/06/2021 at 21:20, Andy_B said:

Lynda,

as we can’t take planes onto the boat are we having a communal foamy box as usual ?

Andy 

Yep we can have a communal box, This will cost us £100 (as I have confirmed), but split between all users it shouldn't be too much of an additional cost. 

The barn has now been paid for so , more news to follow:)

Lundy Lynda 

• Like 2

Phil.Taylor

How much do they charge for e.g sport-tube in the cargo hold? - no mention of charges in the Lundy info sheet

Phil.

Edit - just gone back & seen £29 per model box - how/ when do we pay this?

chiloschista

So my plans are to bring:

- a roof box with some rc stuff and a dolly to move it around

- a backpack with photo/video equipment, which I won't leave alone a single minute on the boat (mandatory)

- eventually a backpack or a suitcase with some clothes and toothbrush

How can I manage that, especially seen that we sail from one harbor and come back to another one?

Ric

Lundylynda
On 01/07/2021 at 15:42, Phil.Taylor said:

How much do they charge for e.g sport-tube in the cargo hold? - no mention of charges in the Lundy info sheet

Phil.

Edit - just gone back & seen £29 per model box - how/ when do we pay this?

Hi all,

Apparently they have reduced model boxes to £28. (We were given two prices so we are sticking with the lower one !)

I am working out costs for the 'communal box', for Foamies), the weeks events, trophies and food etc for all. (I will advise you when I need 'personal payment' for these group events).

BOX PAYMENTS AND OLDENBURGH TICKETS  (Please could you let me know who is bringing a model box, as I need a tally of how many will turn up on the quay side).

Could you all now please make the following payments to the Lundy Shore Office;-

Box payments along with your boat trip payment (see below) should also be made in advance. (I advise this is done sooner rather than later especially for for those travelling from abroad).  Please do this by telephoning the Lundy office on 01271 863636

The Lundy Booking Office 
The Pier, Ilfracombe, Devon EX34 9EQ
(Seasonal April to October)  Opening hours Monday to Friday 9 to 5 and Saturday 9 to 1.

Please note Tickets must be bought a minimum of 14 days before departure. I would however ask that this is done at least a month before, as we are a large group with some unusual luggage. Giving the Lundy Shore office advance notification and payment will help the event go more smoothly.

Fares:

Period Returns 2021: 

Sailing Tickets
Adults £76 (return) plus £28 Cargo box, if applicable. ( I will personally pay for the communal box for Foamies and ask payment for this separately).
Lundy Lynda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Phil.Taylor
47 minutes ago, chiloschista said:

- a backpack with photo/video equipment, which I won't leave alone a single minute on the boat (mandatory)

How can I manage that, especially seen that we sail from one harbor and come back to another one?

Ric

Ric

Does make it tricky, doesnt it? - Your plans will probably end up similar to mine (other folks please chip in if I've got it wrong):

1. drive to Ilfracombe on day of departure - drop model box / roof box off at quayside - park car for the week (probably not quayside) - carry rucksack(s) back to quayside - board boat for outward trip

2. enjoy the week !

3. return boat trip to Bideford - model box / roof box unloaded & stays on quayside - board the bus back to Ilfracombe, with rucksack(s) - drive back to Bideford to pick up the model box / roof box - getting late by this time...

Phil.

• Like 2

Lundylynda
22 minutes ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Ric

Does make it tricky, doesnt it? - Your plans will probably end up similar to mine (other folks please chip in if I've got it wrong):

1. drive to Ilfracombe on day of departure - drop model box / roof box off at quayside - park car for the week (probably not quayside) - carry rucksack(s) back to quayside - board boat for outward trip

2. enjoy the week !

3. return boat trip to Bideford - model box / roof box unloaded & stays on quayside - board the bus back to Ilfracombe, with rucksack(s) - drive back to Bideford to pick up the model box / roof box - getting late by this time...

Phil.

Thanks Phil all correct . I will post more about parking as there as some differences to previous years.

Enjoy the week. Compulsory!

On the return trip, we will assign someone to stay with boxes until folks have returned to pick up their boxes. 

There are a lot of 'helpers' around to make the loading etc less onerous :)

Lundy Lynda

2 hours ago, chiloschista said:

Ric

Taxi

chiloschista
3 hours ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Ric

2. enjoy the week !

Phil.

Thanks Phil, that's very detailed answer. Exactly what I need.

How are boxes handled on the boat? Just because I guess a roof box is not done to be managed heavily or to have charge over it.

Now I need a bed for both nights, before leaving and at arrival.

Do you all plan to have something together or each on his own?

Ric

P.s.: sorry for the few rookie questions, but I'm trying to avoid being a carachter in next years tales = : D

Phil.Taylor
14 minutes ago, chiloschista said:

Thanks Phil, that's very detailed answer. Exactly what I need.

How are boxes handled on the boat? Just because I guess a roof box is not done to be managed heavily or to have charge over it.

Now I need a bed for both nights, before leaving and at arrival.

Do you all plan to have something together or each on his own?

Ric

P.s.: sorry for the few rookie questions, but I'm trying to avoid being a carachter in next years tales = : D

The boxes are lifted onto the boat by a crane - ropes around the box - so you need to make sure the roof box will stay closed & not pop open as its lifted. Maybe lots of strong tape all round it?

Phil.

Phil.Taylor
3 hours ago, Andy_B said:

Do we just need to bring some scalextric track and a car this year ...?

Cars? - gonna be some fast racing...

Phil.

222804880_Racinggrannies.thumb.jpg.e6fa14f64e04a9d3109f6f8dee2b9396.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lundylynda

We will need some of you to bring some track please. Classic original joining type please (although Joe does have a pair of converter straights which he will bring, just in case).

Please could you all bring a slot car. Joe says' any of the shelf' brand will be great !

• Like 1

Lundylynda

Model Boxes URGENT

I know need to know the exact number of model box's we will be taking with us on our trip. (Please respond ASAP as I would like to inform the Island office). We possibly have an opportunity, to load the boxes onto the Oldenburg on the Friday if we can get the numbers up.

Who is able to arrive on Friday and bring their box? We haven't established a time as of yet, at this stage we just need confirmation of who can make it. Then the skipper will make a decision as to whether its worth doing or not. 

This will of course be enormously useful on the day of departure (as much of the hard work will have already been done) and will also give us the opportunity to park our vehicles at Bideford ready for our return. 

Lundy Lynda