Lundy Fest 2021!

Lundylynda

chiloschista

I do have a box and plan to be there on Friday.

Leave the car at Bideford was an idea I had already.

P.s.: where are the boxes placed in the barn?

29 minutes ago, chiloschista said:

I do have a box and plan to be there on Friday.

Leave the car at Bideford was an idea I had already.

P.s.: where are the boxes placed in the barn?

Everywhere ......🙄...generally all over the benches around the main room 

Took a while to find this from 2009.Thew model boxes are usually spread around the edges .Most have been cleared on this photo as it was a get together on the night 

3701033441_322927806a_c.jpg

Phil.Taylor
23 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

Took a while to find this from 2009.Thew model boxes are usually spread around the edges .Most have been cleared on this photo as it was a get together on the night 

3701033441_322927806a_c.jpg

More boxes this year though - we did carry-ons back then

decently one but possibly two as may share second one with Daniel if we need more toys.

so best stick me down for two, these will be sport tubes 

JP 

• Like 1

Hi All

For those staying in the Barn the booking reference is under the name of Cubitt and the number is 'Booking ref: OPP1100837'.

For those staying in other properties, please could you confirm you are still coming as we need to work out costs for 'indoor flying models, food etc.

Are there any more of you wanting to put model boxes on the boat on Friday? We need figures to discuss the timing that this might take place. 

Thank you Lundy Lynda 

Phil.Taylor

Thanks Lynda

For fellow barn inmates - the Lundy booking office ask for that booking ref when we book our boat tickets

Phil.

Yeah , bt i think there almost expecting 16 Cubbitts to book in .............🤣

Women I spoke to was very plesant but hadnt really got a clue ...........couldnt pay for the box 

And by the way marine drive car park is not in use 

chiloschista
22 hours ago, Andy_B said:

Yeah , bt i think there almost expecting 16 Cubbitts to book in .............🤣

Women I spoke to was very plesant but hadnt really got a clue ...........couldnt pay for the box 

And by the way marine drive car park is not in use 

Seems you are spot on. Just received that answer to my request for a ticket:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email, we are just in the process of working out how many gliders Mr Cubitt party wishes to bring.

Once we have this confirmed I shall email you back about booking your ticket and glider.

Best Wishes

Jacqui Hewitt

Shore Office Supervisor

The Lundy Shore Office

• 3 weeks later...
chiloschista

Hello,

suggestions for a room in Ilfracombe?

I will probably be there on Thursday and stay there one night at the end of the Lundy week too.

7 hours ago, chiloschista said:

Hello,

suggestions for a room in Ilfracombe?

I will probably be there on Thursday and stay there one night at the end of the Lundy week too.

Well we are booked in Valley House Friday, my be worth a look

JP

• Like 1

just booked the Boat over, only the two of us sadly. Olivia has big st john's all to her self, she may need us all round for dinner a couple off nights :)

so all set

JP

chiloschista
16 hours ago, fpljohn said:

Well we are booked in Valley House Friday, my be worth a look

JP

Already full booked, unfortunately. I will find something else. Thanks anyway!

Ric

1 hour ago, chiloschista said:

Do I understand it correctly that, coming from France, I need a 10 day quarantine at home when arrived in the UK?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fully-vaccinated-arrivals-from-france-to-england-must-continue-to-quarantine

Hi Ric

yes the current rule are 10 day quarantine if you travel from France, this may well change on august 16th I believe.

that is how I read the current rules? 🙁

jp

chiloschista
12 hours ago, fpljohn said:

Hi Ric

yes the current rule are 10 day quarantine if you travel from France, this may well change on august 16th I believe.

that is how I read the current rules? 🙁

jp

Hi John,

thanks a lot! The 16.8 is a bit late.

I'm wondering now if it's not better to cancel my trip. I can cancel the rooms I booked until 18.8, but I'm not going to book a ferry and some more rooms with the risk to loose an amount of money.

😭 Ric

Hi Ric

these rule are changing this Sunday 8th no more need to do the 10 day quarantine if you come from France, still have to do the PCR test though

JP

• Like 1

chiloschista
39 minutes ago, fpljohn said:

Hi Ric

these rule are changing this Sunday 8th no more need to do the 10 day quarantine if you come from France, still have to do the PCR test though

JP

Hi John,

thank you very much for your kind interest (and I even landed you a plane on a tree 😬).

That's great news. I guess the test you mention is the pre departure test. Are there infos about day 2 and day 8 test, because day 2 is Saturday?

Ric