Lundy Fest 2021!

Lundylynda

22 minutes ago, oipigface said:

Remember we aren’t allowed to stick things into the ground.

Can’t be sure some folks won’t stick something in the ground 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Redbird said:

Woops, I assumed (shouldn't do that!), that half the reason for the Lundy trip was to get some practice for the Welsh Open. Won't we be having some friendly f3f tournaments? 

If we don’t make it a competition then we don’t really need A frames and hence no need to stick anything in the ground .I can bring some timing gear and buzzers …..it’s the turning bit we need to practice not the actual times …😃😃

• Like 2

Instead of an A frame how about a piece of stiff wire taped to the back of a mobile phone and bent up vertically, while a compass app is displayed. Both bases use the same bearing. Sighting should be easy enough.

• Like 1

Looks like this is going to happen.. Joe will look for his two triangular alloy frames that attach to camera tripods. We only have one tripod. If someone else can supply the other then I think we have a course.😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Les said:

Mark is your gear available? 

I don't have any gear - except A Frames.

I am planning on bringing the Pi Cams though, and working on a driver to connect them to my race management software.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Oh no - F3F - will have to bring good/fast planes !

anyone got a laser rangefinder for 2x 50m ?

We have in are kit for the Longmynd  so I'll ask Andy to bring it along.

Hi guys. Joe, having searched the darkest depths of the workshop, we have found only one self assembly F3B style siting frame. Does anyone else have a similar device for the other base and who is able to bring timing gear?

Lundy Lynda 

So .. only a few days to go.

Hoping you all have booked your boat tickets, coach trip if required, slot car ready to race.. and ready for this years 'Lundy Fest'. And .. don't forget your costumes ! 

Lundy Lynda 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lundylynda said:

Hi guys. Joe, having searched the darkest depths of the workshop, we have found only one self assembly F3B style siting frame. Does anyone else have a similar device for the other base and who is able to bring timing gear?

Lundy Lynda 

Hi Lynda

i think I had one last time, I will have a look

jp

1 hour ago, Lundylynda said:

So .. only a few days to go.

Hoping you all have booked your boat tickets, coach trip if required, slot car ready to race.. and ready for this years 'Lundy Fest'. And .. don't forget your costumes ! 

Lundy Lynda 

I’m too old to know exactly what a ‘slot car’ is, Lynda, and I certainly don’t own one. I’ve been practising forgetting my costume ever since the possibility of dressing up was raised. I have, however, spent all day today building a crate large enough to accommodate my secret ‘all at sea’ project. I hope you will approve.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oipigface said:

I’m too old to know exactly what a ‘slot car’ is, Lynda, and I certainly don’t own one.

You can borrow mine.

chiloschista

Do you think it is safe to leave a couple of gliders, and eventually few other stuffs, in the car at the Bideford parking for the week?

Scale gliders fill quickly the box.

Ric