Lundylynda

Lundy Fest 2021!

Lundylynda

Thanks so very much for your positive response to my message I. I have received a few deposits already. Andy  and Les, Phil T and JP..   So ..Just one more  that I cant identify from the bank reference ? Please let me know :) if you have sent a deposit please. .) 

Hoping John and Mark are getting up to speed with a Back Gammon challenge... I have been practising! Anyone else in the group up for that that ?

Lyundylynda :)

redalert

Hi Lynda,

I didn’t know about this, until Adam mentioned it.

however myself (Rob), my partner & some other guests have secured a booking up at ‘Old Light’.

We will be on the Island 4 days before you guys ‘n’ gals (down to our guests having to observe school terms & needing to leave on the Saturday you all arrive), but we are staying for 10 days, so will get to spend some time with a few familiar faces no doubt!

• Like 1

Lundylynda

That great news Rob ! So I will put your names down for the meal and events :) It will be lovely to see you and meet your partner:)

redalert

Hi Lynda,

sorry I didn’t mean to self-invite ourselves.

we are going to Lundy for a holiday, to co-inside with your event, as it will be nice to see some familiar faces.

We are not intending on bringing any flying apparatus and don’t want to encroach on the meals & events. Just a few drinks in good company in the tavern will suit us fine.

hope that doesn’t come over wrongly...

• Like 1

oipigface
16 hours ago, redalert said:

to co-inside

Co-inside? That’s illegal nowadays!

• Haha 2

Lundylynda
On 29/04/2020 at 21:30, redalert said:

Hi Lynda,

I didn’t know about this, until Adam mentioned it.

however myself (Rob), my partner & some other guests have secured a booking up at ‘Old Light’.

We will be on the Island 4 days before you guys ‘n’ gals (down to our guests having to observe school terms & needing to leave on the Saturday you all arrive), but we are staying for 10 days, so will get to spend some time with a few familiar faces no doubt!

Hi Rob

We would be more than happy if you wanted to join us for our Barn Events Rob.  You would both be more than welcome. I certainly didn't think you had invited yourself lol. Just really pleased that you would be on the Island with your friends and partner. 

LundyLynda

Lundylynda

Hi all. 

Well, lets hope that we get some of this lovely weather in September 2021 will just a little more wind perhaps. Anything but northerlies as its a long walk!

I was wondering if any of you have been watching ' Discover Lundy' on U Tube. The link to the U tube site is as follows;- 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiiiLjqR7ILsRDwL7OcQpHA

This will give you an incite as to why so many people enjoy this peaceful island from flying planes, to bird watching, rock climbing, swimming with seals, or, just chilling out in the Marisco Tavern with a pint or two and a plate of cheesy chips.

Thanks to all who have sent in their deposits so far, much appreciated. Only a few to go now. I am holding the remaining amount paid in a deposit account. With a year and 4 months to go, I am very confident that we will all be able to enjoy a  group visit. There are a few properties left for couples, families, or anyone who is very adventurous and would like to book Tibbetts! Tibbetts is one the island's quirkiest buildings and as remote and simple as anyone could wish. It is said that 14 lighthouses can be seen from it on a clear night. Its the only property that has no electricity; however, it has a pumped water supply and a shower. It also retains the original four built-in bunks. (Ask John and Mark Treble all about it- if you fancy giving it ago!) Camping however is still an inexpensive option with great facilities and not quite as long a walk to the pub!

You all still have plenty of time to make/buy/dream up some 'All at Sea' costumes! Joe has already decided on his! I am going to practice some hearty Sailors Stew. I have already found one with rum! Apparently there are recipes out there for Sea Urchin Cheesecakes! 

LundyLynda

• Like 3

Lundylynda
Posted (edited)

Thanks to all for sending me their deposits  for the barn. This is very much appreciated and, rest assured you will be refunded 'if'.' in  a year and and three months time... its.. 'not' an option .. . Lets stay positive however!  A lot can change in one year and 3 months time .. so, I'm very much looking forward to seeing you all in Sept 2021!

I have just noticed that there must be many folks looking ahead!  The Camping option is now closed. So, its not just me looking forward into the future!  There are 5 properties however, still open to book. The Quarters property is still available and has always been a particular favourite  place of mine to stay on Lundy. It was the first' property I stayed in. It's close to the pub, has fantastic views of the Island and a little garden for setting up your models!

So, if a few of you want to go 'as a group' ( there is one double bed.. and 3 options for the single  )  its a fab place for 5.  

Joe has built a new 'Indoor free flight model'. It was tested this week in my local church hall. It maiden flight was fab... apart from the fact the model landed on a beam during its maiden flight lol!  So .... you will be pleased to hear...it was dislodged the next night,, by a very long pole lol!. It looks like it will be a contender for the indoor barn comp!

LundyLynda 

Edited by Lundylynda
revised
  • Like 5

Andy_B

still lots of time to get the scalextric  ready .........

Brett82

Hi all

After a change in circumstances I'm not going to be able to make it to Lundy next year. 

I've got a place in the barn and have put a deposit down. Is there anyone who would like to take my place in the barn?

We will need to let Lynda know and probably easiest for her if she simply changes the name on my deposit and the person taking my place simply reimburses me direct.

Brett

• Sad 1