Mini Dart DLG set up

tomc

Hi all

Have just acquired a 2nd hand Mini Dart DLG (carbon version), had a few test flights, but find it really twitchy on pitch compared to other RC gliders I have flown. Can anyone direct me to where I can find out where the exact C of G should be, and what control surface deflections would be good to start with?

Thanks

Tom

I found the assembly instruction here - http://www.soaringmodels.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Mini-Dart-Assembly-instruction-1.pdf

CofG 50-60mm from leading edge
Ailerons:
0.5 up for launch
level for speed
1.5mm down for cruise
3mm down for thermal
as much as possible down for brakes

Elevator - some
Rudder - more

No mention for these throws, someone more experienced will hopefully chip in.

Some info on RCGroups too - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2910636-SoaringModels-Mini-Dart-Gets-an-Update/page2

My Hawk Mini gets pretty lively sometimes too 🙂

Don’t stress too much about where the cg is ‘supposed’ to be. Add or remove nose weight to get the model to fly the way you want it to fly.   Use a ‘normal’ amount of elevator travel, 20degs or so. 

thanks for the response. Just been out again this eve, and tried some proper high launches, it flies much better when its got a bit of speed, but when it slows down with the flaps down 1.5mm for cruise, its really sensitive. Will experiment next with a bit of nose weight.

Thanks

Tom