Exit strategy

oipigface

On 07/08/2020 at 20:56, Les said:

Do we know it the B&Bs are open in that area yet?

If not I'll do one  of the days John if it goes ahead. 

As Mike points out, the competition is only one day. Which day of the weekend it is has yet to be decided.

7 minutes ago, oipigface said:

As Mike points out, the competition is only one day. Which day of the weekend it is has yet to be decided.

Yes but it would be great to make a weekend of it,social distancing  of course. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Les said:

Yes but it would be great to make a weekend of it,social distancing  of course. 

True. Just making sure.

The forecasts from XCWeather and the Met Office have been very changeable and quite different from each other. At the moment the Met Office is showing light south-westerlies on Saturday. Its Sunday forecast has not been published yet. XC is showing rain both days.

l’m going to fix the date on Saturday, with a weather call on Friday. If Saturday turns out to be unflyable we’ll have a go on Sunday if possible.

As I mentioned earlier, there will be a number of measures needed to conform with government guidelines. These include: i) Social distancing at all times- if you feel you have to approach the centre do so carefully, and preferably masked ; Ii) CD’s to use hand sanitiser before touching the timing gear; Iii) Turn judges to sanitise before and after handing over the buzzer; Iv) Launchers to wear gloves, and sanitise before and after launching; v) a chosen team will erect and dismantle the course. Members of this team will sanitise their hands before and after touching the equipment. Vi) Don't touch other competitors’ equipment.
Hand sanitiser and gloves will be provided. If you think you may be allergic to either bring your own.

Below is a list of entrants so far. It is  made up of people who have agreed to bring equipment necessary to the success of the event, which has now been rechristened the Coronavirus Cup.  If you have mentioned to me previously that you want to enter, but are not on the list below, please enter formally again.

To enter, please reply to this thread. Government guidelines limit entry to 30.

Here is the entry list so far:

1. Me

2. Mark Treble

3. John Phillips

4. Graeme Mahoney

I hope I will see you on Saturday, and that I haven’t forgotten to mention anything!

• Like 1

I have forgotten to mention that there will be a competition fee of £10. It will cover the extra equipment we will need and any extra will go to the coffers of GBSRA and SWSA as usual.