tonym

Virtual DLG

tonym

DLG Challenge in Picasim - far too many eagles 🙂

SilentPilot

I can get 5 - 6 minutes in this pretty easily but after about 5 mins the thermals die. Can't seem to get lift from them at all!2138521519_2020-04-10(1).thumb.png.3981e0c205ac43b3f95a8e5a301813e5.png

Tony H - Novice - 06.44

Dave H

Well impressed With that flight Tony M Not even using thermal mode 😉

tonym

Thanks Dave, I don't know where the thermal mode is, I've not read the manual 🙂

I noticed the graphic in the top left corner and thought that probably shows the flap settings, still haven't looked how to do thermal mode yet, Maybe tomorrow.

SilentPilot

I don’t bother with thermal mode. (Click on the icon to use, it turns red and says thermal)

I have the flaps on the “throttle” stick and so just add a bit of Camber manually in thermals.

Is it just me or do the thermals die at ~5mins? I can’t seem to center after that...

Dave H

I hit 7.04 but was at 200 m , but yes they do seem to disappear about then. Try moving to the other side of the field . That’s where I found more but my flying went to pot ( nothing unusual there) and I lost too much altitude and couldn’t get back up

tonym

Bleeding cold in garden so got rid of dandelions (new ones every frickin day!) then came in and did some gentle F3K flying in Picasim 🙂
Did an 8:57 before this 10:26 - now to see if I can improve my F3F score

f3k-10-26.thumb.png.8331428c1a06eab2e24827a92d47b820.png

Dave H

My best today, maybe we need to organise a daily comp ???

6BDE26E9-E921-4969-B2B5-768369EBAD77.png

Mark Evans

Tonym, when you said it was cold in the garden I thought for a moment you were playing the sim outside to make it a little more realistic lol. 

Tried it on my IPhone SE but the screen is a bit small, and the touch sticks I’m all over the place with. 

Dave H

Make the touch sticks larger it helps, not much but a bit less sensitive, I’m on an iPhone XR

tonym

New thread started for a daily F3K duration contest using Picasim.

I'll ask for your two posts here to be moved if its possible.

Dave H

Just a post to say THANKYOU, to whomever organised the new sub forums. 
fantastic

dave 

Marc RC pilot

Just setup Picasim (after a little tweaking to get my taranis recognized) and it is great fun! I will need to spend a bit of time messing with settings etc.  Thanks for heads up Tony.  👍

Marc RC pilot

I noticed that virtual flyers on the F3F/B thread are using CRRCSim. What is the difference between both these sims? 

Many thanks

tonym

That's not an easy question to answer Marc.

The two sims are similar, I use CRRCSim mainly because it has a Linux version and I have barely used Windows for the last 15 years or more. CRRCSim runs on Linux and Windows, Picasim runs on Android, iOS and Windows, though I also have it running in WINE on Linux (search these things to find out about the computer world outside Microsoft and Apple 🙂 ).

Personally I prefer slope soaring in CRRCSim and doing F3K in Picasim (I like the help from the eagles in Picasim), the extra slopes and the scenery which goes with them is nice in CRRCSim.
Both
are free, donations to the writers encouraged, try them both, use them both, or settle on the one you like best.

• Thanks 1

Marc RC pilot

Thanks for the good advice Tony. I've installed both sims and will tinker with them.

👍 

Oops

That was really interesting, thanks Tony.  I had no idea picasim was so good.