Anyone got a new model ?

PeteMitchell

2 hours ago, oipigface said:

If you read Graham Woods’ review (favonius.com) of the Svollazzo (not made by Ecirtech) you might change your mind. The Batwing I built last year from a laser cut kit was a real pleasure to put together mind.

Funny you should say that John! 
Im just putting the finishing touches to a svolazzo, that I have built over this lockdown. It has been an interesting journey, to say the least! I read  Graham Woods review of the kit, and I was still daft enough to buy one!! 
But once the kit goes together, with a lot of fettling, you forget all that, and realise what a lovely model, you have at the end of it. I’m glad I didn’t put the lump hammer through it, although I was tempted at times. 😂😂

• Like 2

Graham Woods

I didn't mean to put anyone off this model but I did struggle with building it, even you threatened to whack it with a hammer! I hope it flies well, the flying and videos by Stéphane Combet are certainly excellent. I should like to know how your model flies when it is finished. Perhaps the moulded version, which was mooted on the extensive 'Svolazzo Voltige Totale' Facebook build page, will be a better choice for me.

https://youtu.be/yLj6VTxKa84

• Like 1

Phil.Taylor

Finally made a start on covering the Stellar - transparent Oracover - fus & tails done - wings to do - its big - theres lots of it !

Phil.

Stellar_nose.thumb.jpg.eb45726a4b14e6b60d49e2bee607dc6f.jpgStellar_tail.thumb.jpg.dce7e531f0571e4fd7d1e7df06ad3d04.jpg

• Like 2

Clive Jones

Beagle - scratch built F3RES. Since the photo was taken, I have replaced the rudder with a smaller one to get the weight down.

Clive.

Beagle.jpg

• Like 1

Clive Jones

As this is an electric soaring forum, I should add that I intend building an electric fus for the wing soon. I do have one made but it has a different wing retention system. Perhaps I will customise that one... :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got some laser cut ribs, which are superb and 100 times easier than cutting them by hand, so I knocked out another Bombay Duck.

The first one had a 28mm nose - same as motor. This nose is larger and far easier to get all the gear in and stronger (because it has to balance the tail). I could not live with the shame of adding lead into the nose.

It flies just the same and I am looking forward to some lighter air to get it fully sorted. I like it (a lot).

BombayD.JPG

Phil.Taylor

Ecirtech Stellar is now covered !  - gotta love a bit of red white & blue - will certainly stand out against any background - I read that the transparent/translucent white Oralight glows in sunlight - certainly does - should look great in the sky.

Its gone from ARTC to ARTF - still got to install all the radio gear. Overall weight including radio gear, motor & battery is 1.3kg - should soar well.

Phil.

Stellar_3.thumb.jpg.448a2f51d8ae7b6185512ab977b3d81c.jpgStellar_6.thumb.jpg.c4691b2e690bb3004566f467c73aea59.jpgIMG_6152.thumb.JPG.3b8b66b4ce2296f296f9527145c5ba85.JPG

• Like 4

Clive Jones

BEagle flies well. SETA rubber with about 40m of line. Caught a couple of thermals on the third flight of the series.

FB_IMG_1616657572518.jpg

• Like 1