X9D Plus launch-switch & Frickmann F3K program tweak

StraightEdge

StraightEdge

Would be grateful for a bit of help with the following questions:

Momentary Launch Switch/Button

I have a 2018  X9D Plus, which lacks the push button on the left shoulder as per the latest version.  Aside from simply swapping the F-switch with the spring-loaded H-switch from the other side (and re-allocating etc), is there a better method for sorting out the momentary launch thing?  Is there an aftermarket button that's easy to install in place of the F-switch?

Ending Zoom Phase

The Frickmann program is set up so that full forward on the pitch-stick ends zoom phase, but I sometimes find that a shallow or gentle launch doesn't require full down-elevator.  Is there a straightforward way to change this to a timer (and set the time I'm happy with)?  On my old Spektrum (which was what I was using the last time I flew DLG)  there was a 2sec timer from release of launch-button to end of zoom... and for the time being I'd like to retain this until I'm properly back in practice again!

Thx

you can also blip the flaps or change the flight mode to end the zoom phase.      I'd rather have some control over the process rather than a timer.

StraightEdge

Thanks for that Cirrus.

Order will take a few weeks, so I'll temporarily de-solder the spring-loaded lever from the other side and solder that on  -  the switches on mine don't have the wee plug.

Good advice re manually ending zoom phase  -  I think its been the need to remember to flick the current non-springy switch back that's been confounding my launches.... too much to think about in too little time!

Paul Gleeson

If you send me your OTX file, I can add a timer for you.

I like having to timer, just in case I don't need to make any inputs to the zoom settings i I'm trying to push up wind after the launch

For me zoom = speed + a little bit of elevator trim.

StraightEdge

Thanks for the offer Paul, with the spring-loaded switch swapped to the left I should be okay without the timer - at least I'll try it for now... when the weather improves that is!

Neil Harrison

Just to add in to the conversation.

I have a 3 position switch for launch, spring load for launch, middle position for zoom and then push away for cruise....I just prefer this on a switch rather than inputting a stick movement..

Each to their own 😉

StraightEdge

Good question.  Just ordered the push-button type from AliExpress... which might only arrive for the end of Lockdown in the summer....!?!