Looking for a model

keith riel

Hi i am looking for a composite glider , was wondering what was real time scale for waiting for one to be manufactured and sent to UK thanks

Ian F3F

HI Keith

Thats a bit of a how long's a piece of string question.  

How much do you want to pay? £500-£2,000 and how much of the flying will be sport vs competition flying

I recently took delivery of a new Willow SOR.  £500 and 5 weeks to the door.

Ian

keith riel

HI Ian was looking in the region of 1000 up or evan second hand because i not have the patients to build, if im about i would enter as many comps as i can .

satinet

Can be over a year to a few weeks.

Quickest I've had an f3f type model, that's been made for me, is about 6 weeks. 

Longest well over a year.

Baudis is pretty good on time scales i hear. And rtg model. 

Really depends on what you want to spend per Ian's post.

You might find the odd model ex-stock. Sometimes aerotec has them.

Obviously we are in the middle of the covid19 situation so that is a complete wild card.

I'm sure there are a few models around that uk pilots would sell.

keith riel

yes like i said i dont mind second hand 

Phil.Taylor

Was about 2-3 months for a Freestyler or Baudis planes. Email them for current prices & times

Used - just ask on the classified ads here. How recent/ competitive do you want?

Phil.

keith riel

Hi Phil i just joined here so can not put wanted ad on yet

f3fisa

Hyperflight have a couple of Shintos in stock, just drop the servos in the wing.

It is a very competitive model but a bit expensive. As there will not be any F3f comps for months then just order from Baudis, etc.

However if you have not flown in a comp before I would suggest buying a good second hand Pitbull 1 or 2, Freestyler, Shinto as you will probably fly it better if you have only paid halve price for it.

David.

Baldyslapnut

Hi Keith, 

If you have joined Barcs you can post a wanted or sale advert straight away I believe.

Have you joined? If so send Pete Mitchell the membership sec a PM and I am sure he will set you up.

Greg

oipigface

Posted this on your other thread, Keith. Here it is again!

Hi Keith,

Welcome to the forum - and I hope there will be an F3F comp for you to attend soon. In fact we’ve talked about an informal event as soon as the lurgy rules permit, so keep your eyes on this space. 
        As far as models are concerned, you don’t really need anything special to join in, so if you’ve got something you are used to flying that will go round corners and hasn’t got a motor, come along with that. It is probably better to start off with something you’re used to anyway, and if you are not thinking about how beautiful your shiny new plane is, you’ll be able to concentrate on where the corners are and flying without control inputs in between.  (I used to practice flying without inputs with a Halfpipe!) A new (or new to you) model can come later. 

There’s more advice from me on the GBSRA website, which will make much more sense when you’ve actually had a go and know what the class is all about. (Look for ‘Per Ardua Ad Astra’.)

Hope to meet you soon

John 

keith riel

Hi john i flew f3f i think back in early 2000 with an Ellispes 2 (welsh winter league...i remember the weather and walking up mountains more than flying) and been gliding  many years .

so im really looking for something only maybe 2 seasons old second hand or maybe order something new ...i know what some of the manufacturers are like with ordering and waiting.

pete beadle

Hi Keith

I think you only have to have posted 10 posts to get onto BARCS For Sale and Wanted....why not mail Austin our Moderator and ask him if the 10 posts rule is still in place, then ask him what  you should do about being able to post a "Want ad" also, why not try BMFA Classifieds too?

Please remember that going to wherever to see and pick up, if you buy one WILL be classified as an "Unnecessary journey" so be prepared for that....eg Suggest - Can you post? Can I meet you locally to me, etc OK?

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

keith riel

HI Pete im in lockdown in another country at the momment so there wont be any  "Unnecessary journey" .🙃

f3fisa

As a matter of interest, what country are you in at the moment, and what are the restrictions like there on model flying.

David.

wookman

I think you have to be a barcs member to start a topic in the for sale section. Being a member of the forum alone doesn’t get you there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
keith riel
7 hours ago, wookman said:

I think you have to be a barcs member to start a topic in the for sale section. Being a member of the forum alone doesn’t get you there. 

For Sale/Wanted Forum:

You must make at least 10 posts in other sections of the forums before offering goods for sale. This is a community and not somewhere just to sell your goods.

The items you are selling must be owned by you.

satinet
4 hours ago, keith riel said:

For Sale/Wanted Forum:

You must make at least 10 posts in other sections of the forums before offering goods for sale. This is a community and not somewhere just to sell your goods.

The items you are selling must be owned by you.

Well you're on 9 now...

oipigface
18 hours ago, keith riel said:

Hi john i flew f3f i think back in early 2000 with an Ellispes 2 (welsh winter league...i remember the weather and walking up mountains more than flying) and been gliding  many years .

Sorry, Keith. Didn’t realise you are an old hand. If you’ve still got the Ellipse, why not fly that?

wookman

This is the header from the for sale section

For Sale / Wanted

For Sale or Wanted topics can only be placed by BARCS members. Join here. No trade or commercial adverts allowed. If you buy or sell in this forum it is entirely at your own risk. Before posting check the for sale/wanted rules here. 

No real confusion there. 

As Pete says if you still have the Ellipse fly that. It was good in it’s day and still is. 😊

keith riel
2 hours ago, oipigface said:

Sorry, Keith. Didn’t realise you are an old hand. If you’ve still got the Ellipse, why not fly that?

I wish ...i did a deal with it for a stork many years ago

• Austin changed the title to Looking for a model