New Flyer South Devon

matt1981g

oipigface

I just looked at the Phoenix ads. It looks about right. I wouldn’t start off at a coastal slope, though. Go to Dartmoor to begin with. Consider taking the motor out.

matt1981g

I’m more drawn to using the walrus! I love my Phoenix The walrus is grounded at the moment with a duff brushless motor, I have a 3D printer so might spend a hour designing and printing a full nose cone for it then give it a bash... it’s 7ch full house so without the motor I should be able to get it in the air with some lead in the nose.

the ahi is definitely an option seems a bit lively for a beginner though? And not a small investment £220+

isoaritfirst

Once you have been on the hill and met a few of the other fliers it will become very clear what model you want. 

By way of example, if  everyone flies wildthings then an alula isnt going to be a good mix, and visa versa.

Fly what you have until you know better.

• Thanks 1

oipigface
41 minutes ago, matt1981g said:

the ahi is definitely an option seems a bit lively for a beginner though?

That’s why I mentioned the dual rates! It is a pussycat in up to 10mph with low rates.