Free to fly ?

severngoose

StraightEdge
2 minutes ago, f3fman said:

Which bit of the message are we going with ?

The "stay alert" bit.

SilentPilot
33 minutes ago, f3fman said:

Which bit of the message are we going with ?

I’m happy to go with the bit about allowed outside for exercise and sport. You can even drive to get there!

It might be advisable for clubs to stay shut to prevent gatherings but even then if the likes of golf courses open I don’t see why our clubs can’t.

• Like 1

I was hoping to organise a celebratory F3F comp as soon as possible after lockdown, but it appears that at the moment it would have to be just Denise and me competing. From Wednesday, it seems that going out to practice will be permissible as long as Wales or Scotland are avoided. Distancing oneself from anyone else who may have decided to do the same shouldn’t be difficult - just keep them a couple of feet from each wingtip.

I see nothing wrong with BMFA waiting for the more definitive version of the new rules before saying anything definite, but one thing they omit to say is that Boris’s statement yesterday didn’t apply in Wales or Scotland.

5 hours ago, oipigface said:

I see nothing wrong with BMFA waiting for the more definitive version of the new rules before saying anything definite, but one thing they omit to say is that Boris’s statement yesterday didn’t apply in Wales or Scotland.

They shouldn't need to really, but probably best to add it in as people will 'be confused' otherwise  🙄,  While I'd hope that members of clubs are sensible enough to know whether they should be isolating for whatever reason and therefore not heading out to fly, I have a feeling both clubs and slope sites are going to be busier than normal, especially if people aren't working. 

Looks like flying is back on according to the statement from the bmfa which I'm sure you've all had. 

It remains to be seen whether the NT and other land owners will reopen yet.

Fingers crossed!

Just to add to the confusion.

I live in   England . The flying slope is in england. But the most direct route passes through Wales . Can I use that route?

Does anybody know if the following slopes are open to flying tomorrow (i. car parks open).

White Sheet, Devil's Dyke, Butser Hills, Ivinghoe Beacon, Colley Hill, Ditchling Beacon, Long Mynd Polecot, and any others you can think of and will reveal.

Also are the Paragliders allowed back in the air on Wednesday.

David.

StraightEdge
3 minutes ago, GeoffN said:

I live in   England . The flying slope is in england. But the most direct route passes through Wales . Can I use that route?

Don't be awkward!

If a funny little man in a uniform stops you en-route, just say you're on your way to the shops....

😀

1 hour ago, f3fisa said:

Does anybody know if the following slopes are open to flying tomorrow (i. car parks open).

White Sheet, Devil's Dyke, Butser Hills, Ivinghoe Beacon, Colley Hill, Ditchling Beacon, Long Mynd Polecot, and any others you can think of and will reveal.

Also are the Paragliders allowed back in the air on Wednesday.

David.

The Long mynd is closed 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, GeoffN said:

No. Against the rules in Wales, and un welcome. If you must fly there drive round.

• Sad 1

Also, the latest email from the BMFA is clear. Go, fly, go home. Socially distance. Not an excuse to meet your mates and have a bit of banter. Remember - some of you may be fine with catching it, but others (like me) are looking at being confined until there is either more effective treatment, or a vaccine. Please do us a favour...!