Please do not post in for sale or wanted topics if you have no interest in buying or selling. Answering a question is fine but not lengthy discussions.
JonM

Wanted - Crash damaged composite gliders

JonM

looking for any crashed/damaged composite gliders.

I'm teaching myself repair  skills and looking for any soarer that is gathering dust in the future projects pile.  

Not after freebies but if anyone has a broken fuz or delam/creased wing that needs a new home in order to fly again please get in touch.

many thanks

Jon

BigT

I have a light Hawk with one repair done to the fuz. Today I lost it in the sun which resulted in a tent peg which has creased the wing and tail plane. I have a new tailplane. Might sell on less servos and radio as it’s just too fragile for a novice like me. 

JonM

Hi

Sounds promising.  Less servo's would you take £70?  £100 with servo's?

Cheers

Jon

BigT

Hi, I am trying to decide my next step. Either buy a new wing £80, complete new kit £180, used wing if ones available. I have already repaired, successfully, the fuz. Alternatively would you consider repairing the wing for a fee?

JonM

Hi, I could attempt the repair for you but I'm not that experienced to guarantee a perfect job.  Also, there would be the issue of returning it to you and it would be a shame if after all the work of fixing it up, it then got damaged again in post. 

The reason for the ad looking for damaged or crashed composites is that I want something to a) practise on, so that it doesn't matter of i screw it up, and b) get a decent glider that won't cost the earth or be the end of the world if I crash it again  : )  
I bought the Paul Naton set of glider repair videos and have had quite a bit of success with carbon fuz repairs, so now looking for the next step.

creased wing repairs look pretty straightforward so maybe a bit of a search on you tube and give it a go? 

Alternatively, the offers there is you want to sell - plus postage of course. 

cheers

Jon

Kentflyer

Hi Jon,

I might have something of interest.  A Sprite Thermal that I have had a couple of years that flew brilliantly until it had a radio glitch about 6 months ago  and crash landed. Damaged wing  ( broken but all 4 servos intact) . Tail section came off the fuz but could be reattached and new linkages completed. Could make a great project and would come with everything ex receiver. If interested let me know and I can send over some pics. Only reason I did not repair was because I treated myself to a new snipe 2 dlg during lockdown and a secondhand maxa f5j. So would rather spend time on these two great planes from the same Vladimir's Models stable.  

Regards

Andy

JonM

Hi Andy

sounds like just what i'm looking for.  Do you have any idea of how much you'd like for it?  Any photo's would be great if you have them

Many thanks

Jon