slopelope

GP15

slopelope

IMG_1265.thumb.jpg.c4a102c8b142563e43fc74cf8651f204.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

• Like 2

Brett82

What kit is that. The GP15 is a nice glider but never seen a scale kit if it.

LS8-18

I would have expected that the Baudis GP15 is quite famous...

slopelope

Brett82... its the Baudis GP15. This version came from Windwings. Its famous in Europe, but UK is always a little (or a lot) behind the times! 

pete beadle

Hi Leigh

I DO  like the way your "panoramic view" pic on your header, makes those lovely slim wings change  from straight to curved dihedral from root to tip:)

Also I think that people not knowing which kit it was, is a nice "back-handed compliment" on your finding out about, and wanting the  GP15....I'm thinking it's going to be the "only one in the UK"  for a while yet:yes:.......of course, I may be wrong!

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Brett82

Very nice, and you know Baudis do good quality.

I've seen some of the other scale Baudis models, but not this one. @LS8-18 I guess different people have a different version of famous... lol

slopelope

Pete

I think there are quite a few GP15 just about to land in the UK...

😊

Lloyd_d
10 hours ago, slopelope said:

Pete

I think there are quite a few GP15 just about to land in the UK...

😊

Yeah, a few others and myself have ordered. Due to the very high aspect ratio and good aerofoil they are supposed to be very efficient.

Lets hope there's a 'gap in the foam wall' to get some good and safe flights in..

pete beadle

Hi Leigh

Looks like you've just got time to do the definitive flight test before they do then!:yes::)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

satinet
54 minutes ago, Lloyd_d said:

Yeah, a few others and myself have ordered. Due to the very high aspect ratio and good aerofoil they are supposed to be very efficient.

Lets hope there's a 'gap in the foam wall' to get some good and safe flights in..

under 400'? or is it <7kg?

Lloyd_d

So Slopelope are you happy with yours? Have you got used to the small flaps and longer landing approach? Is it manageable?

slopelope

Hi Lloyd

Im really happy...well worth the £££. My controller needed replacing so Im waiting for post from Germany... looking forward to getting her back in the air and flying again..

Who told you about the flaps? Did you guess or did you translate my german post on the RC Network forum? Its the only weak point I have found so far. The flaps lack that full braking effect that we are used to with F3b/f3f designs.  Ive have done some OK landings on slight down hill slopes...its possible...just comes in fast. It's built strong so will prob be fine.

Tom...weight is anything from 4-7kg. Easy to build at 5kg with front elec. Mine is 6kg with Jetec 80. It goes well at this weight. Ive yet to try ballast.