Longshot 4 Spektrum Recievers

gyronuts

Hi, Which Spektrum  6 channel Receivers are people using in the Longshot 4 DLG, or similar fuselages ?

thanks. Bill

Edited by gyronuts

SilentPilot

I was going to suggest that too! Or you could go for the AR637 which is the same physical size but comes with AS3X (that you don’t have to use) and G Force sensors.

I’ve started adding a G force alarm to my bungee launch gliders to try avoid a wing clap. DLG maybe doesn’t need such extravagance though! 

1 hour ago, SilentPilot said:

I was going to suggest that too! Or you could go for the AR637 which is the same physical size but comes with AS3X (that you don’t have to use) and G Force sensors.

I’ve started adding a G force alarm to my bungee launch gliders to try avoid a wing clap. DLG maybe doesn’t need such extravagance though! 

The load that breaks the wings on launch is the towing tension.  On tow, 'g' recorded in the aeroplane, at 90 degrees to the line of flight and the wingspan will be fairly close to one.  Just watch the wings and push the stick forward to reduce the bending.

Off the line, the load that breaks the wing in bending, pulling out of a dive or in a tight turn/ loop will cause a high 'g' to be detected.

I was unaware of the AR6610T receiver until now. Does anyone know whether it is a full range receiver suitable for larger mouldies. I'm currently trying out a Lemon RX with integrated vario and altimeter and the range on that seems very good.

Yes, full range, better telemetry range than previous Spektrum rx’s. Even though I’m not a Spektrum flyer anymore I was impressed with the new rx’s since they switched to Texas Instrument chips. 6610T also has sat ports for the new SRXL2 sats. 

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Which model lemon RC are we talking about?

I have about six spektrum rx's and also an old altimeter 2# pro with a tm1000 audio setup from my blaster 2e days I was going to try.  Bill

In my above post I was talking about the 6610T. When I flew Spektrum I would never use a aftermarket rx.