tonym

F5J Weekend at Little Bentley

tonym

Location is Little Bentley Polo Club, Rectory Road, Lt Bentley, Nr. Colchester, Essex, C07 8SN.

Directions to the field in a pdf - new directions.pdf

Whichever weekend gets chosen - each day will be a separate comp. so that those that can only spare one day can enjoy a full competition.
Entry fee for each day = £5
Camping (max. 3 nights) = £10
Prizes for top 3 places + lowest launch that wins the slot - both days. Quite possibly we'll have a 7man fly-off on the first day.

Proposed weekend 29th, 30th and/or 31st August (gives us leeway for weather?)
Possible 'reserve' 22nd and 23rd August if the weather looked particularly good, or 5th and 6th Sept. as a proper reserve if the Bank Holiday is washed or blown out.

We have proven that running F5J comps. in the era of Covid-19 is not too difficult, common sense is pretty much all that is required.
Elite sports are allowed (and we are elite 🙂 ) - section 2.9, a limit on entries may be necessary to placate Fred the landowner, and possibly a limit on numbers that can camp on the field.
There is a port-a-loo on site, we would need to practice very good hygiene using it - hand san on the way in, hand san on the way out, hand washing or sanitising again back at the comp. area.

Manningtree is the nearest town, Co-op, mini Tesco, bakers', butchers (candle stick makers now a carpet shop - really! 🙂). Nearest shop for milk, biscuits, sandwiches, etc. is a Shell garage on the A133 a couple of miles away through the lanes.

The Brick Layer's Arms is less than 1/2 mile from the field - https://www.thebricklayerslittlebentley.co.uk/ - let them know in advance if a group of you go for food, you'll get a better selection if pre-booked.

Just in case - numbers are limited to 28 per day, just less than the 30 person limit on gatherings.

Pilot list:
Tony M - both days - no camping
Colin P - both days - camping
Graham W - both days - camping (can't make 5th or 6th Sept)
Kevin B - both days - camping
Garry B - both days - camping
Ian N - both days - no camping
Al L - both days - camping
Garry M - both days - no camping
Pete M - both days - camping
Ray G - both days - no camping (can't make 5th or 6th Sept)
Steve K - both days - no camping
Peter S - both days - camping

ThermalBoy

Yes please Tony. Entry and camping both days and reserve dates:

Colin Paddon
Graham Wicks (can't make 5th or 6th Sept)
Kevin Beale

Gary B

Yes please, entry and camping.

Gary Binnie

Nicholls

Yes please Tony.

All days including Reserve Dates if needed

No camping required.

Al Lipscombe

Tony, 

I would be up for both the reserve dates, camping as well , twill need a bit of fiddling but looks doable.

Al

gem

Hi Tony,

Count me in please, no camping though.

regards

Garry M

PeteMitchell

Add me to the list please Tony.

One or two days, any date chosen and camping 🙂

Rayg

I'm in Tony, no  camping and I can't make 5th or 6th Sept. 

steve knowles

Please add me to the list Tony. 

No camping required.

Thx.

Steve

PETER SHERLIKER

Add me to list Tony with camping and any weekend.

Peter

tonym

Fred is OK with us having a 2-day comp. on his fields. He understands that the Oasis cabin will need to be used by everyone that camps (and others during the day if needed) but would prefer it that any BBQs be individual rather than communal. Reducing points of contact between us is part of the common sense we must keep to, Covid-19 is obviously still about - Stay Alert - Britain needs lerts 🙂

Top post edited and will be updated as needed.

PETER SHERLIKER

Tony presume we are using bank holiday weekend can we arrive Friday afternoon and set up camp ie in my case tent 5mx4m and Coleman one for me and one for planes. BBQ and cooking are gas. Is the cabin there and a porta loo or just one of them, normal covid protections all in car.   Do we pay on arrival or any other way total 10 camping 15 comp =25, is there potable water on the fields or do we bring.

Peter