Aug 16th F3K BMFA League event and Team selection

mikef

Hi! I hope you all are fine.

Yes, It would be great if I could attend this event. Unfortunately I have no model to fly at the moment since I totaled my nxt at Herten last year and damaged my Stark which I haven't repaired yet. Meanwhile I have two new models that need someone to put them together (me). Other,.. I would call them - "life problems" will make me to completely miss this f3k season. Hopefully I will see you next year.

I have attached a Covid note for the BMFA NFC - it contains information about the current precautions and the facilities at the site.  The normal supplies are not available in the Kitchen so bring your own.  Read the note for full information.  I have also added this to the top post.

COVID Measures at BMFA NFC.pdf

Saturday is cancelled.

We will try on Sunday.

5 of the 6 forecasts I have looked at give it as the calmer day.  It also has the least chance of showers but we can expect some.

• Like 1

Neil P is included in the entry list but, if he has to scrub, his place can be taken by a late entrant or I will fly to make up the number to 8.

Here are blank score cards - if you print the document twice and cut out the cards you will have plenty.  Keep any spares, we may well be using them next time.

Blank cards.pdf

Entries now closed.

Matrix and Start List

Matrix 16-8-2020.pdf Start List 16-8-2020.pdf

If you can't print your own cards to use for timing I will have 5 spare sets let me know if you need one. 

if you print the document twice and cut out the cards you will have plenty.  Keep any spares, we may well be using them next time.

Blank cards.pdf

Weather was not great but at least it meant good score separation 😧.  Well done to Dave for the convincing win.  Big thank to mike F for the great job and extra work involve due to COVID.  Off on my hols now, managed to squeeze a vortex in the van😀.

50m

Humid, no sun and pants lift  for August compared to recent weeks.  Wind was kind to us,  but conditions deteriorated after lunch.   The last round we were losing sight of the models at 70 meters!   The rain on way home was monsoon style!

Thanks to Paul for setting up and running gliderscore, thought it worked well.  Thanks to Mike F for setting up, packing away solo, flying to enable league result and running of comp.

Fingers crossed we have more entries and better weather for the next one.

• Thanks 1

Scores checked against the original cards as far as possible.  Not all cards were dropped in the box and I didn't keep a running check so I didn't know to chase them at the time.  You know who you are.

Results confirmed.  Many thanks to Paul for setting up Gliderscore for us.  If we can get a signal we should always use it but I'd like to keep the cards as a back-up.  Pen and paper is still required for use during competition slots.

I hope all got home safely - I hit the heaviest rain I have ever seen in the UK around Stamford on the A1 - down to 20 mph at one point.

• Thanks 1

Thanks once again MikeF for your time and effort.  And Paul for setting up gliderscore.  I think it's great and we should continue using it.

Yes, that rain was pretty heavy.  Had similar on the way back from Germany in 2010 with Tony Merrit, except it went on for longer.