Welsh Open F3F 2020

mtreble

Denise is losing some weight and my usual supply of little paper pots for mixing epoxy, paint and whatever has dried up, because she has given up eating Gooseberry Fool. The best deal I could find for a substitute was this:

The CupsDirect range of Genpak branded, Paper Ramekin Pots are the most sought after in the industry. The Genpak range is we stock is currently 1oz - 2oz and 4oz. 

The Genpak paper dipping pots are cleverly formed and folded to give optimal strength and quality. CupsDirect purchase power brings these in at a great price for you, making this paper food pot probably the most cost effective and environmentally friendly way to serve sauces, condiments, samples and medication.

Ideal for restaurants, pubs, parties, bbqs, picnics and events.

Paper Souffle Pots manufactured by Genpak USA. Made with Pure Paper - Easy to Recycle. Our pure paper souffle dish is also BPI certified compostable.

The downside was the minimum order of 5000, which means I’ve got a few to spare - probably enough to last me into my 90’s! If anyone would like a box of 250 at cost price of £2.50 let me know.  They are the 2oz size, about 60ml.
Also still available is R5 Wax release agent. 400ml for £8.00. Excellent stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redbird said:

2.4d each? Cor. Cheap cheap. Gooseberry fools though John, you should eat them, they're nice! 

Do you want a box? 

Edited by oipigface
Bruce is cleverer than me.

Tone-the-glider
On 06/09/2020 at 12:24, Aleix said:

Any of you have an ballast set for the Pike 1?

I would buy it from you next week if anyone has one for sale or unused.

I have full ballast set for Pike Precision 1, mix of Tungsten and Brass, I am happy to share at the the Bwlch.

Looks like wind conditions will not require to much ballast.

Tony

Tone-the-glider
On 06/09/2020 at 12:24, Aleix said:

Any of you have an ballast set for the Pike 1?

I would buy it from you next week if anyone has one for sale or unused.

I

Edited by Tone-the-glider
repeated post

Tone-the-glider

Also. I hope to arrive about mid day on thursday, would like to a do a trimming flight on my repaired FS4.

Looks like the wind will be on Mickeys, will anybody be there for car access?

And, I have booked the Days Inn Bridgend Hotel, is anyone else there ? Would be nice to meet up for a social distancing beer.

Cheers Tony

Thank you Tony. Nigel will also bring his ballast set for me if needed.

I have the other planes for ballast.... but it was just for backup. Also I feel the pike flies well without.

Again, if any wants to sell a set, let me know.

I'll be staying at the Premier Inn Bridgend Central. 

Will also be there from Thursday morning... if anyone can tell us if we have access... or we have to walk up there.

7 hours ago, Pete Burgess said:

The covid19 situation in Caerphilly  is a bit worrying.

Back to F3F matters, do we need the ESSA timing gear?

Jon is bringing his, but your speaker would be good to have. It makes sense to have plenty of backup, so please bring the lot in case we need it! Thanks Pete.

Tone-the-glider

Very sorry, but due to the latest news I have decided to cancel my trip to  the Welsh Open.

I am so disappointed, was looking so much to seeing all our friends and having a flying time at the Bwlch

Good luck to those who decide to go.

Regards

Tony

• Sad 2

Doesn't look too promising! 6 people does not a race make. 

Unless you can bubble each base and the centre and then make sure the remainder are bubbled too. Hell of a peice of organising but if it gets a race run?