Welsh Open F3F 2020

mtreble

Wishing everyone a very enjoyable & successful 3rd & final day. I look forward to hearing / reading of the days events.

I am so bitterly disapointed that my continued health problems prevent me from enjoying the comp with you all. 

Now 9 months on from spinal surgery, I am still a long way off from being fit to any kind of return to the slopes.

Wishing you all a 'Cracking' day, & yes, lots of pics please. 🤞

Stu. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gromit said:

I am so bitterly disapointed that my continued health problems prevent me from enjoying the comp with you all.

I’m sure that we all are as disappointed as you, Stuart, that we haven’t been having the benefit of your company recently. Get well soon.

Here’s a pic. Kevin took it. I don’t know if it will make you laugh or cry, but as a result of my wings’ lack of interest in staying put, the plane is not at the moment flyable. Neither is the other, but that’s another story.

48479B9D-DDB6-4C01-891B-6858BB494489.thumb.jpeg.afd26d6dae4ad7196056d71bd59cc361.jpeg

Pavel Zlamal and Jiri Baudis on wings falling off:

Concerning the issue with wings that worked loose in flight, I have never seen anything similar. Thank you for the photo.
I talked about it with Jiri and he also could not remember such issue. He has flew for years in many F3B contests and often even without any tape on wings.
So it is really strange. We can imagine that it might happen during landing after some contact of wing with grass or ground that resulting in rotation of plane.

That was a great comp.  Well done to the CD's Kevin, Joel and Mark as I know that the pre-event planning is more of a headache than usual in the current circumstances, dealing with the guidance and fielding all sorts of enquiries along the way.

With 23 rounds all on Mickey's slope, at a relaxed steady pace with very few brief stoppages, it is possibly one of the best I have experienced in my 4 years of F3F.  Pete, Joel and Rich showed their mastery of the conditions and the slope from day 1 and fully deserved their places at the top.  Well done guys!

• Like 7

What a strange weekend ....5 days in Wales, Caerphilly in lockdown and Bridgend more unusual than normal .

Still 23 rounds on Mickeys was great ,I hate to think  what would have happend had we had that much landing practice on Mickeys West .

And IF I hadnt cut in round 1  or the rain replaced my 36 with a 50 .....and may aunt had other bits shed be my uncle .

But a great weekend and good to see the lads again ...well done to all those who organised and to those ended up on the podium.

Andy

• Like 4

A huge thanks to all the organizers and CD’s, I had a wonderful time and can’t wait for next year! 
Thanks too to all those that loaned tools etc to help me fix my aileron servo problem, especially Aleix who gave me (via Les) the exact Servorahmen arm - muchos gracias senor.

Some wonderful flying on display for us mere mortals to try and learn from!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, William said:

A huge thanks to all the organizers and CD’s, I had a wonderful time and can’t wait for next year! 
Thanks too to all those that loaned tools etc to help me fix my aileron servo problem, especially Aleix who gave me (via Les) the exact Servorahmen arm - muchos gracias senor.

Some wonderful flying on display for us mere mortals to try and learn from!

And 2 PBs to boot Will. Well done👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Really happy that the WO got to run with the Covid 19 rules closing in around us. Some of us even got out for a curry to keep up the tradition.

The fact we got 3 days flying and only a minimum of clag and rain just to remind us where we were was fantastic too. Is 23 rounds a record?

Thanks to the organisers, it was all very slick and we made the most of the conditions. Also thanks to MKS for the servos, a nice surprise for me!

Also thanks to Stefan who reminded me that despite having won twice, I still havn't won a eurotour / proper one 🤣 Good to have friends innit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just to echo what has already been said - what better way to stick two fingers up at Covid than spending three days doing what we love in such great company. And somebody must have been smiling down on us given the uncertainties leading up to the event.

Thanks to Kev and Mark T, and all helpers, and congrats to Peter, Joel and Rich for a great display of F3F at its best!

Finally, some memories to enjoy:

https://rc-soar.smugmug.com/F3F/2020/Welsh-Open/

• Like 11

• 5 months later...