F3K Leauge Event Saturday 5th September 2020 - Twywell

Neil Harrison

On 15/08/2020 at 13:47, mikef said:

Here are blank score cards - if you print the document twice and cut out the cards you will have plenty.  Keep any spares, we may well be using them next time.

Blank cards.pdf 25.59 kB · 14 downloads

Don't forget to print off some blank scoring cards if you don't have any left from last time. Link to Mike's document from the previous comp thread above....

Neil Harrison

Okay so we are good to go tomorrow....weather looks dry although a little breezy so bring ballast.

Please see Paul’s post above re score cards.

Matrix and Tasks will be available here later today.

👍

• Like 1

Thinking ahead to next year, will you guys still be welcoming contest newbies? With rounds cancelled due to weather and the virus you guys are being left with very few rounds to contest for the team placings, not good for beginners to be getting in the way.

And has there been any talk of mixing F3K and F5K planes? 

• Confused 1

Neil Harrison

Nice one Monz....

No mixing of F3K and F5K, they are completely different rules and separate competitions.

Mark, we always welcome anyone that wants to try  DLG and F3K, no matter what competition it is.  It's always best to learn by throwing yourself into the action, the learning and feedback will be live and you will take on board way more than asking any questions on forums.......

There's 2 comps left this year after tomorrow so we look to see your name on the entry list??

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

If you want to fly F5K then I will be trying to arrange something over the off season ready for next year......this will be posted on the F5K section of the forum when more details are available 😉 

• Like 1

Neil has decided the tasks (so blame him) and online scoring is ready to go.

Round/Groups are as follows:

image.thumb.png.e9e825ff5d824ca35698fc9add7ab34d.png

Online scoring can be accessed from a single root page that I've put together here:

https://cobweb.businesscollaborator.com/pdr/bmfa_league_events/

There will be a QR code printed out and available tomorrow to take your phone to that location easliy, but nothing to stop you just bookmarking it now. I'll maintain a list of all 2020 comps on that page so it will remain constant until the end of the year at least.

I think Mike F has some spare score cards and I'll print some more too. Please remember to bring your own equipment (pen, board, stopwatch) to avoid any potential for cross contamination!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Monz said:

My printer is dead, so if there are any spare score cards going, I'll have them please.

I'm bringing extra cards...

• Like 1

Made up some new ballast for my lighter nxt, popped to field to give quick test.  The lift at 7pm was insane.  Only dropped a minute on 1,2,3,4!!    No sun, windy but warmish.    Bizarre sunset and now it's chucking it down.    

Thanks for the landing page Paul.  Will save time tomorrow.

I'm not calling in now, Neil, sorry.

I made good time and would probably have arrived while the comp was still running, plus I'm absolutely worn out!

London is a long way for me now :(

Tony 

Looks like there were some challenging conditions! Very different flight times just 15mins apart. 
I hope to be at the next comp. 

A great competition,   Mike S it was closer than I realised.   Looks like the last round won it for me - could have gone either way.

Very changeable conditions,   I needed to make up some more ballast within minutes of arriving as windier than I expected.        Weather was constantly changing, even between groups within the same round.      5X2 I was struggling to do 1 minute flights,   then we had the 2 Paul's  pretty much maxing out the slot in 1 flight only - 9:59 max!

next one is 19th / 20th Sept.   Hopefully we get enough numbers and weather to run it.

• Like 1