Southern Winter League F3F 2020-21

Nigel_W

6 hours ago, Nigel_W said:

Hi all, sorry but despite hoping the forcast might improve, it hasn't, so the comp is OFF.

The right call, the forecast is looking a little more optimistic for a morning's heavy fun

Ian

It's sods law that the conditions on the slope carried from blowy to ballistic. The rain could be seen in the area but never really arrived at whitesheet. 

I had the harrier ballast up to 3.8kg and when the air was good she was ballistic!  It was great to see some club mates and hopefully not slow the Harrier down too much with my thumbs. A PB day today. Next month- with luck

Ian

IMG_20201101_0955376.jpg

• Like 2

Hello everybody, hope lockdown has treated you well.  As Wiltshire is in Tier 2 we have reviewed the Covid guidance and the next SWL event on 6th December is able to go ahead.  Please enter on the calendar item Here  or, for new entrants, by supplying details as per the first post in this thread.

Nigel

Hi everyone,

There is a possibility that the wind direction may be too far north or east on Sunday for White Sheet.  If so, Allen would like to try and arrange a venue for Eastbourne, but we need at least at least 8 entries to make this worthwhile.  Please could you reply ASAP if you ARE willing to do a comp at Eastbourne.  List so far:

• Allen
  • Nigel
  • William
  • Graeme
  • John M
  • Pete B
  • JP ??
  • Greg??
  • Tony R

I must add a note that the arranging of this comp is currently provisional.  The GBSRA committee is currently considering whether it is advisable to continue with the winter leagues in between lockdowns, given our moral responsibility to set an example and that a number of fliers live in Tier 3 areas so would not be eligible to attend.  I will try to get clarity on this by Friday.

• Like 1

As I tier 3 flier. 
my view is that if events can be run to support those that are able to attend then they should not be stopped because of my inability to come along. 

IMO the sport needs to carry on, it needs to maintain a level of engagement and interest. 

• Like 3

I wholeheartedly agree with Mike. It is legal and it is not an ‘avoid if possible’ category. Anybody who does not wish to attend should of course not attend. 

Just seen that Wales is now open, might be tempted by the wrecker.

But I agree that the race does not break any rules.  It is understandable that the GBSRA are cautious.

Ian

As newbie I'm happy to travel anywhere, so long as there's potential for some good flying to be had.

I understand peoples comments about keeping the sport going etc, but I will not be put off if you postpone until all can attend. 

Hope to meet some of you Sunday and learn as much as I can about f3f.

Regards

John

I think that if it’s legal and fun, then there’s no reason not to. The winter leagues (and the Woollyback to which you are all welcome on 27th/26th) are informal events and nothing rides on them. If it were the BMFA League and World Championship Team membership were involved, I would of course think differently.

Allen Elliott

I am currently trying to get permission to fly at Bopeep but it is very late notice for Firle Estates

If we get a yes we will need to communicate with the paragliders once up there and make them aware, but I personally think it's a great site for F3F assuming the wind stays NE, it's been doing a lost of changing over the last few days

Tone-the-glider
16 hours ago, Allen Elliott said:

You can add Peter Burgess to the list 

and John Phillips is a maybe  

Tony Robertson is a maybe also, as I believe Bo Peep  is not a long climb up a hill?

Allen Elliott
14 minutes ago, Tone-the-glider said:

Tony Robertson is a maybe also, as I believe Bo Peep  is not a long climb up a hill?

Carpark at the top of the hill and a short ish walk along the hill, Nearest post code BN26 6UJ

At least this is the assumed position of the comp but we could fly the other side of the carpark if there are no paragliders 

Capture1.JPG