Southern Winter League F3F 2020-21

Nigel_W

Allen Elliott

The Man from Southern Hang Glider, he say yeah.

Bo Peep good to go, if we get the numbers and weather. back to you Nige

• Like 1

Hi all, due to differing forecasts on various weather sites (BBC, XC, Metcheck) we will make the call by lunchtime tomorrow.  It does seem likely that the slope would be BoPeep.  The wind may be light, and swing through the day, and there may be some rain/drizzle on the hill.

The current clear entries that I have are below.  If any of you do not fancy the look of the forecast given the travelling involved, please let me know by 10am tomorrow, as numbers will influence the decision.

• Allen
  • Nigel
  • William
  • Graeme
  • John M
  • Pete B
  • JP
  • Tony R

Have to admit, i'm thinking there might be better opportunities for my first meeting, don't want to be the one that stops it happening though.

Thanks John, you definitely need to enjoy your first event, not find it a chore.  I too was not keen on this evening's forecast which is why we've given it another day.

We'll see if it gets much better tomorrow for the final call.

Having consulted with Graeme and JP, the forecast has continued to be too iffy for an F3F, given the travelling involved for some of us, so this event is being called off.

• Like 2

Correct call especially as they (BBC TV) are now forecasting fog for Sunday 😞

Thanks to all those who tried to get us a comp. 

16 hours ago, JohnM said:

Have to admit, i'm thinking there might be better opportunities for my first meeting, don't want to be the one that stops it happening though.

The Woollyback in Wales on the 27th (or 26th) will probably be your next opportunity. I’m just about to post the final details.

1 hour ago, Nigel_W said:

Having consulted with Graeme and JP, the forecast has continued to be too iffy for an F3F, given the travelling involved for some of us, so this event is being called off.

I’ve spent the last few days debating with myself whether it’s worthwhile to go to all that way for a one day event, so thanks Nigel. I can stop now.

2 hours ago, Nigel_W said:

Thanks for trying to run it Nigel👍

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note to say the southern winter league event planned for 3rd Jan will not be going ahead due to the national coronavirus situation.  ☹️😷

• Sad 1