ISA F3K - BMFA League & Team Selection. Sep 20th

This F3K league event is to be held at Hockliffe, north of Dunstable on the A5.  This is a private club site and a farm field, normally grazed by sheep.  The start time will be 10:00 - please arrive in time for a pilots briefing at 9:30am. Entries close at 18:00 on Friday 18th Sept.

Please bring your BMFA Membership card to show for proof of insurance.

An entry fee of £10 per head will be charged for this event - please be ready to pay on the day - juniors free.

NOTE THIS EVENT IS NOW ON SUNDAY 20TH DUE TO WIND STRENGTH/DIRECTION ON SATURDAY.

We have the option of flying on Saturday or Sunday (reserve day) this time.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH DAYS YOU CAN DO, IE

1 SATURDAY ONLY,    2 SUNDAY ONLY,    3 BOTH DAYS

If you want to enter PM me, giving your AVAILABILITY, frequency and BMFA number.  I'll update a table below as the entries come in.

Watch this thread in case of any last minute changes.

Please note that this is a one day event scheduled for Saturday 19th.  It will only use the reserve date (Sunday20th) if the Saturday has to be cancelled due to a poor forecast.  Then, if Sunday's weather is also too bad, that will also be cancelled.

This event is a league scoring event that is held at the ISA flying field at Hockcliffe, just off the A5 .....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/51°55'59.8"N+0°35'07.3"W/@51.9335143,-0.5884359,903m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d51.9332806!4d-0.5853665

1. Neil H

2 David P

3 Paul C

4 Mike C

5 Mike S

6 Lorry G

7 Gavin S

8 Mike F

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikef

• cirrusRC

• MikeDLG

• PaulR

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

David's fully up to speed on managing the scoring link pages so you should be all set for Sunday now. Enjoy.

We now have an OK from the ISA club and the latest advice from the BMFA and we can go ahead under strict covid-safe protcols.  Fortunately, the approach we have used for our previous two events was sp

I wondered if that Hawker Hurricane was airborne in connection with the Battle of Britain 80th anniversary?  It flew to the North East with a Harvard close behind - the general direction of Old Warden

Posted Images

We now have an OK from the ISA club and the latest advice from the BMFA and we can go ahead under strict covid-safe protcols.  Fortunately, the approach we have used for our previous two events was spot on so there will be hardly any changes.

• Like 2

Whilst the wind strength forecast for Saturday is high at 15-17 mph, is not over the FAI limit.  However, the direction is straight onto the houses at the south-west edge of the field.  I am considering flying on the Sunday, when wind strength is forecast to be 12mph and reducing later.  The direction is similar.

Neither day has the minimum of 8 entries required for league points at the moment.  If we do not achieve 8 entries I will consider cancelling completely - would you come to a non-counting event?

lorrygreen

Unfortunately I wont know until around mid afternoon today whether I will be able to make it, if I can either day is good, not sure about non-league but probably a yes.

I will post either way before the cut-off time.

Paul Gleeson

I'm not sure yet if I can do Sunday

But I don't want to be the no-show who invalidates a league event.

What's the latest time I have to commit be to included in the matrix?

cirrusRC
On 12/09/2020 at 10:12, mikef said:

Entries close at 18:00 on Friday 18th Sept.

Or do we now get a 24 hour extension if targeting Sunday?

lorrygreen

Good news.

I'm in for either day.

What do I need to install on my phone to make this work?

Any links?

• Like 1

I am going for a Sunday event.  I will extend closing of entries up to 1800 on Saturday but enter as soon as you can so that we can see how many we have.

11 minutes ago, lorrygreen said:

What do I need to install on my phone to make this work?

Nothing - it's on a website so you do need an internet connection.

• mikef changed the title to ISA F3K - BMFA League & Team Selection. Sep 20th

Bookmark this site on your phone:
http://f3k.freecluster.eu/

The Twywell comp will appear in the list this evening once the matrix etc is finalised.

@mikef - I wont be around to make any changes if the entry list is updated (if its moved to Sunday).

@cirrusRC - sorry David, can you edit the post above? That page isn't the latest any more! [For the technically minded amongst you, I needed to run non-https to allow the cross origin request to gliderscore (which is not running https!)]. That free hosting provider was the first one I found that would allow me to run the site "insecurely".

• Thanks 1

As Paul is unable to update his links after this evening so I will bring QR codes to put on the entry table on Sunday.  Once you have read one, you can bookmark a link for that pilot.  I will try to distribute them for you to print at home too.

2 minutes ago, mikef said:

Paul is unable to update his links after this evening so I will bring QR codes to put on the entry table on Sunday.  Once you have read one, you can bookmark a link for that pilot.  I will try to distribute them for you to print at home too.

Sorry, missed the post above about extended entries. You're on your own! 🙂

• Like 1