ISA F3K - BMFA League & Team Selection. Sep 20th

mikef

If anyone can edit a bit of HTML and JS then I can probably give access to the site and explain what needs doing.

All that needs to be done is make sure the right compid and pilot ids are in a list like this and uncomment the link from the index page. No layout - all done automatically.

const compID = "2CCD7884969bd"
const pilots = [
{ name: "Neil H", number: 80 },
{ name: "David P", number: 77 },
{ name: "Paul C", number: 84 },
{ name: "Mike C", number: 75 },
{ name: "Mike S", number: 78 },
// { name: "Carlos DS", number: 85 },
{ name: "Lorry G", number: 9999 },
{ name: "Gavin S", number: 81 },
// { name: "Paul G", number: 9999 },

// { name: "Simon B", number: 83 },
// { name: "Monz L", number: 89 },
]

Score cards are printed.

Link saved to phone and working.

Bugger battery flat in stopwatch, trip into town for battery, need petrol anyway.

Time to find models and Tx and charge everything, 

It shouldn't be this difficult, it's not like I haven't done this a few hundred times before, time to get a grip of myself and get sorted out😕.

40 minutes ago, cirrusRC said:

Happy to do that Paul, with QR codes as backup.   Alternative is we have SPARE1, SPARE2, etc

David's fully up to speed on managing the scoring link pages so you should be all set for Sunday now. Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Awesome job Paul....

Digital display will not be ready for this weekend, if Twywell goes ahead as planned then I’m hoping to try it out there...

• Like 1

Sunday's forecast is holding up and we will be able to run an event.  Looking across several forecasts, we can expect a dry day with 14 mph wind reducing slightly during the event.

There are currently 7 entered.

If we have 8 entries, the event will count for the league, so I will enter to make 7 up to 8.  I would rather not have to do this of course.

If, for any reason, entries drop below the current 7 before 1800, the event will be non-league and some may wish to withdraw, so I will delay running the matrix until 2000.  

You must check back here before travelling

I was gonna be your 8th man, but I checked conditions this morning, REDICULOUS! How you guys fly in that I don’t know. I managed 2 very tentative throws as the wind died down and then put the model back in the car. 

I’ll also see you in 2021, but on the calm day events only, lol.

I've PM'd you the new URL for the scoring.   Make sure you delete/remove the old URL from your phones if you were at the last comp (to avoid confusion).

• Thanks 1

Warm and good lift but challenging due to the turbulence/wind.

Squandered some good lift in the afternoon with pants flying.   Well done to Gav for the win.

Masterclass from Neil on how to slope the hedge and thermal.  Just a shame about the last round.

More models in the trees than I can ever remember.  Good retrieval skills!

Big thanks to Mike F for running the comp and conquering glider score.

A great fly by from full-size battle of Britain aircraft which did a roll for us!

@PaulR the pop up worked great, really made things easier.  Can you work on a telepathic entry system for the scores though please.

• Like 1

I wondered if that Hawker Hurricane was airborne in connection with the Battle of Britain 80th anniversary?  It flew to the North East with a Harvard close behind - the general direction of Old Warden and Duxford.  What a treat to see it!

Some amazing flying today - especially impressed by Neil's Hedge Hopping.

Proper tired now.

• Like 2

Scores now checked.  One error, it was mine, I recorded Neil's 1:33.3 in round 2 as 1:33 online.  No change in positions but Neil’s overall 92.13% goes to 92.14%.  This is for pedant level interest only - in case someone spots the difference!

Full details here, scroll down to 2020 Sept 19th ISA Hockliffe in the pull-down list.

http://gliderscore.com/(S(mbkhqbsh1nldymnkiqkry3nl))/OnLineScores.aspx

Thanks to timekeepers for their diligence- all the score sheets made it into the box this time and I had a bonus sheet from the Buckminster contest - 5 weeks late!

• Thanks 1

Oooooooffff not a great set of scores from me.  Tuff conditions.  After watching and learning from the hedge master I was able to hook into that lift resource for the last two rounds. 

Congratulations to Gavin well flown.  Keeping a cool head and keep plugging away was the order of the day.

Thank you to Mike f for all the effort running the comp.

see you all at the next one

• Like 1

I did the drop score exercise again.  This should be a fun one to play the 'what-if' game with.  Spreadsheet attached in case you wanna play.  Formulas automatically remove drops.

First thing I realised, and resulted in me kicking myself, is that I only need half-decent scores in my two worst rounds and I would have won!  I clearly didn't have the 'no drops' concept in mind on Sunday.  

1 drop would have resulted in a super tight top 3, a 15pt spread, with Gav coming off worst.  

2 drops made less difference.  Paul C loses out most here.

1620189242_HockliffeScores.thumb.png.a4fd9da3ffe845eb1f85b46d78047f47.png

20.09.05 Twywell scores.xlsx

• Like 1

On 20/09/2020 at 20:21, cirrusRC said:

@PaulR the pop up worked great, really made things easier.  

It certainly did.  It was so much easier to use.  Great job @PaulR!  I have a small bit of feedback.  The tenth of a second digit is hard to see on the input score page, the box is not quite big enough.  This in Safari on a iPhone 11X.  

IMG_5412.thumb.JPG.05e9a486b8c2e635dcb713022a53c52d.JPG

• Like 1