Identify spinner

I had a slight mishap with my El Nino on Sunday and put it in a tree. I was lucky to get away with no damage to the model.

I did lose the spinner in the hedge though and as I bought the model second hand don't know the make of spinner fitted, can anyone identify the make from these photos? I can buy a whole new spinner and boss but if a spare spinner cone was available that would be a bonus. Cone appears to be held on by the blade screws. 6mm shaft, 28mm dia. cone.

Tony

IMG_20200914_101942.thumb.jpg.7e3320b4e39eab451024587c5be51e82.jpg

IMG_20200914_101952.thumb.jpg.9a0a35783fb36c7c774c3f7a5969ccec.jpg

IMG_20200914_102008.thumb.jpg.d1902c6c9bde40e2a2e300c09b1f7f93.jpg

This is close Feefo but the El Nino fuz is narrow at 28mm and the cone fitted the fuz - best photo I can find. All my searches have not found a yoke with the same flange and two grub screws. I'm thinking I might go back to the field (35 miles x 2) and do a finger tip search for the cone.

elnino-nose.jpg.6187444702b32e0dee2d6007be327ad2.jpg

3 hours ago, tonym said:

This is close Feefo but the El Nino fuz is narrow at 28mm and the cone fitted the fuz - best photo I can find. All my searches have not found a yoke with the same flange and two grub screws. I'm thinking I might go back to the field (35 miles x 2) and do a finger tip search for the cone.

elnino-nose.jpg.6187444702b32e0dee2d6007be327ad2.jpg

Sorry, missed the 28mm bit, RFM 28mm available here https://www.hoelleinshop.com/All-you-need-for-electric-flight/Props-and-adapters/Spinner-cones/For-folding-props/Freudenthaler-spinner-cones/Freudenthaler-spinner-cones-SPECIAL/CRP-Spinner-28mm-6mm-shaft-incl-offset-0-twisted-and-cooling-hole.htm?shop=hoellein_e&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=RFM9101mK&t=49302&c=46415&p=46415 or direct from Freudenthaler https://www.modellbau-freudenthaler.at/spinner/92-275-cfk-spezialspinner-28mm-versetzt-mit-kuehlloch-0-verdrehung#/28-spinner_farbe-weiss_lackiert/34-welle_o-6mm

I've used Hollein before and had no problems with service, not tried ordering from Freudenhaler

• Thanks 1

I'm guessing the model will have come from Hyperflight, maybe they did a spinner that fitted it when they were selling them, maybe worth asking Neil

Spot on Ian and Feefo - thanks for finding the maker and then the actual product.

I'll email Neil to see if he should have any spares cones in a box somewhere, failing that a good search in the area around the tree I lodged the model in and I might get lucky.

An email to RFM asking for just a 'kappen' for the yoke might yield a result - we'll see.

Thanks again guys.
Tony

Tony, I believe Bernie at eSoaring Gadgets is also an agent for RFM. Although he doesn't stock that size he might just have a suggestion of how to get one.

Graham

• Like 1

Thanks for the idea Graham but....

Reunited and it feels so good 🙂

spinner.thumb.jpg.7d8f2c30873668e02647b80f70b67956.jpg

The cone was resting on a twig in the hedge, hopefully Pete M's photos might show it. The hedge was full of dog rose and hawthorn, I found the thorn when I sat on my backless chair in my knee. I'm covered in scratches but it was worth it 🙂

Now to clean the mating surfaces and do a proper job with some glue - there really wasn't much where it mattered.

Thanks again to everyone.

• Like 1

Good spot, that spinner must have been quiet difficult to see in a hedge. Time to spray it fluorescent orange.

Bet the thorn was more obvious.😖

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

I had just walked away thinking the search was a lost cause so I missed the actual find.

Really well spotted!

spinner.jpg

• Thanks 2

I wouldn't waste money on a lottery ticket this weekend, I think you used all your luck finding that, great spot finding it in that bush!!

RFM's never have much glue on them, they seem to come unglued quite easily too. I usually wick thin CA in if it's still being held in place but starting to come loose, or I'll pop it off and use a medium CA but spray Activator on one of the parts 1st. I guess the spinners get knocked on landings and eventually come loose. Maybe a rubberised CA would be better.