Pike WR - Tailplane Carbon Pegs

I am in the process of refurbishing a Pike WR (if you call replacing a damaged fuselage refurbishment) and I need to replace the carbon pegs.  I don't have any callipers to measure the existing pegs but using drills as go, no-go gauges it would appear that the pegs are larger than 7.5mm but less than 8mm.  Does any one know what size I need and where I can get it please?  Also (bizarrely), on the old fuselage one peg is a rod, one is tube,  What should I replace with?  Any advice gratefully received.

Garry

heli_bee

Garry,

I have some digital calipers you can measure the pegs with.

Martin.

• Thanks 1
wookman

Mine has solid pegs and I think that's original. Most aeroplanes with hollow pegs break the pegs too frequently and end up with solid replacements. At that sort of diameter they will be round metric sizes so I would go for 8mm. Might be a bit tight but nothing a light sanding will not cure. A quick trawl of titnterweb reveals stock at Hyperflight and Easycomposites.

• Thanks 1