Old model ID please

Darren_O

Picked it up in that job lot, rough as toast but quite elegant lines. Over 3m span. All moving tail, although just above where they've put the tail is another dimple. So maybe the tail was supposed to be higher originally, sort of mid fin?

Somebody cut the nose off at some point:(

IMG_20201004_165406661.jpg

IMG_20201004_165730745.jpg

Blimey, that looks like a very old Skyleader SRC1 linear/rotary servo.  One of the first linear servos available.

The problem with them is that the splined shaft for the rotary disc was tapered, so if the servo screw became loose at all the disc slipped its position on the output shaft

:-(

2 hours ago, f3fman said:

Blimey, that looks like a very old Skyleader SRC1 linear/rotary servo.  One of the first linear servos available.

The problem with them is that the splined shaft for the rotary disc was tapered, so if the servo screw became loose at all the disc slipped its position on the output shaft

😞

Done loads of flying with SRC 1s and yes that is exactly what can happen! I got away with it but landing with the aileron stick hard over was a bit hairy. As to what the glider is, sorry not Scooby. See if Pete has any offers?

Hi wookman, Darren -O and all

I think the problem is in the fin and rudder

To me, the wings look like old Multiplex foam/veneer ones from a kit - possibly a Fiesta or something similar(?)

The rudder is definitely not an MPX shape, so, I think you've got one of my favourite planes - a bitsa or a mongrel:yes:

Why not wait for someone to guess correctly but, in the meantime, fix it up, do it up and fly it, and wait for a sharp-eyed flyer to say "I had one of those - it's a Multiplex Mongrel SF" - or whatever...:)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

My flying buddy Alan has it now, he's going to give it the love it needs and get it flying again.

Was too good to leave it rotting in the basement. 

Good luck Alan

That 'plane, whatever it is, has outlived a large number of other models already, and, whatever its name, Darren-O is right,it needs to be flown again

So, take your time, and, as we are about to experience the annual building/repair season, you won't be wasting valuable flying time repairing it

IMO you should take it as a good omen, that you've just been given a good reason for staying in,  all warm and cosy, in your building room/shed, and, as our Prime Minister is wont to say "Get it done!" :):thumbsup:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702