Opinions on Composite RC models?

Ned

Anyone on here flown any Composite RC models? I like the look of the Interstellar 2500 and the YouTube videos look fantastic. Their customer service is very responsive too but there’s no substitute for personal experience.

4 minutes ago, Ian F3F said:

I will be interested in the models, they look to be re-packaged RCRCM models.

the Interstella being the 2.5m tomcat.

Ian

Thats not a Tomcat Ian ...looks more like a Schwong 

AFAIK James Hammond has been involved in the designs hence the similarity to the other models mentioned. More expensive than my models so far but a step up in performance.

I can't see what the premium over normal rcrcm products gets you. 

I think the price of 1599 for Hammond's 2.7m toy is ludicrous given you can buy a full on euro f3f model for less (e.g Orden). 

Let me see ...a Schwing with questionable pedigree and build for 1599Eur     or a Baudis Pitbull with excellent pedigree and quality for 1550Eur 

not rocket science is it 

• Like 1

Ned it will depends on your expectations ,it looks like we agree that the interstellar 2.5 is an RCRCM Tomcat .It could be great or it could be not so great ,thats the chance you take with Chinese manufacture it could be a bargain or it maybe a waste of your cash .

Generally you get what you pay for so if its nice and cheap then expect to have to do some work to bring it upto a better standard .

Sorry this probably isnt very helpful or the answer you want just my 2c

Andy

I would buy a second hand F3f glider rather than risk spending on something that may not be up there quality wise. Better value and you get to see and touch prior to purchase.

OK,  not really what I was looking for but I appreciate people taking the time to comment. 

As it happens, a fellow modeller has a Schwing 88 he is prepared to part with, which would save me around £500 compared to buying the RTF Interstellar and I’ve seen that one fly for myself. He flew it recently next to my Blejzyk Hammer and it just flew rings round the Hammer: a lot faster and considerably more aerobatic. 

We’ve just clinched a deal to add it to my fleet instead of his 🤗. Actually, last year I bought the Hammer kit from him too, along with an S2G Pilatus kit and a part completed Diamond motor glider, so he has effectively become my model drug dealer!

Anyway, while researching this I’ve discovered the Ikura from Aer-o-etc, so now I have a new love to lust over 😍 and now I have an extra £500 in the modelling budget. Aren’t we modellers fickle?

2 hours ago, Ned said:

So, no one’s flown one then.

No, I haven’t either! But save yourself a grand, and get a Stormbird Forza, that I have flown! Very good quality, and flies superbly.I got mine at T9 for £660, plus delivery, and as always, excellent service from them. I have 3 Baudis models in my hanger, and of course it’s not up to that level, but not many are! 
I agree that the clones, or whatever you want to call them, are hugely overpriced though. 

1 hour ago, Mikeb52 said:

No, I haven’t either! But save yourself a grand, and get a Stormbird Forza

Excellent idea and I looked at T9 for one of them or an RCRCM but Richard has no stock. Hyperflight have a couple of Forza 2.5m but they are actually more expensive than the Interstellar, as is the Schwing Corsa 108 so I wouldn’t save anything, especially as I’ve been offered a good deal on the RTF version so all I would need to do is drop in a receiver. I have plenty of kits lined up on the workbench so that’s a very attractive offer.

I hadn’t  looked at the RCRCM website but if the delivery is not too steep that might be a good option.

Thank you all for the suggestions, I shall keep on looking,

I don’t know anything about these models either, but I was shocked by the prices until the thought crossed my mind that perhaps they aren’t made in the far east. Perhaps they are made in Germany? Website says nothing about it, but there aren’t any Chinese or other Asian sounding names in the acknowledgements.

2 hours ago, Ned said:

Excellent idea and I looked at T9 for one of them or an RCRCM but Richard has no stock. Hyperflight have a couple of Forza 2.5m but they are actually more expensive than the Interstellar, as is the Schwing Corsa 108 so I wouldn’t save anything, especially as I’ve been offered a good deal on the RTF version so all I would need to do is drop in a receiver. I have plenty of kits lined up on the workbench so that’s a very attractive offer.

I hadn’t  looked at the RCRCM website but if the delivery is not too steep that might be a good option.

Thank you all for the suggestions, I shall keep on looking,

Although I don't have any interest is his company zhou is making the Schwing 108 I believe

https://www.rgmcn.com/h-pd-36.html  

As I said, I have no financial interest but I've worked with him for the last 10 years and he's making some really nice stuff for me right now.

Yes I love the baudis/freestyler models as well.  

Ian