F5-RES Rules discussion

martynk

This year I am running a combined postal for F5 and F3 RES to see how it goes.  Check out the thread here:

There will be some proper F5RES comps later this year at various locations,  details to follow.  I think its a bit early to hold a full league though

Clive Jones

Just looking through the New Generation of F3RES models being produced in Central Europe, etc. They seem to be going away from the carbon spars and relying on spruce with D boxes. some countries are allowing 3D printed parts, also. Shoulder wing with the joiners passing through the fus also very trendy. Prices around the 200 Euro/pound mark where a year ago they were around 150.... All the more reason to build your own!

Clive.

wing skeleton.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Clive Jones

...Shake the bottle and.... Hey Presto! 

I know it has not got a prop on the front but I have another fus that has. That one takes the Ripmax Nebula 2000E wing which thermals well.

It is a bit porky at 600 g but it should handle the UK windier conditions OK.

I took inspiration from the Allegro Lite and the RES-Eagle which was a magazine free plan.

Clive.

B-eagle (2).jpg

• Like 1
martynk

Looks very nice. Let us know how it goes 

Clive Jones

Thanks, Martyn.

I have the SETA F3RES bungee system but also purchased a shorter length of surgical tubing and will make up 50m of fishing line to fix to that for smaller spaces. I bought a height limiter/logger as well so can join in with the postal comps in either electric launch or bungee.

Let us hope that we are allowed out to play soon...

Clive.

Clive Jones

....... Ah..... but I live in WALES!! - different rules, see, boyo

• 2 weeks later...
Clive Jones

Well since a week last Saturday we have been allowed out for outdoor sports pursuits ( with number restrictions), so I will hopefully be flinging the BEagle up the bungee soon..

Clive.

martynk

As far as I can see, according to the government roadmap,  its the 29th March when organised sport activities can resume.. I'll need to check with the BMFA. 

image.png.b76cabb4077e7a911942749efdd6d569.png

Wood Gnome

Just building a Red Eagle working on the wing at the moment so hopefully it will be ready when the season gets going look forward to an update on how your version flys

PETER SHERLIKER

E-soaring has 2.5 mtr class being a cheaper class or one to restrict open class models or an electric tracker class ie a class without expensive moulded models and corresponding expensive radio's. 11min slot 10 min flight 30 secs and 175 height time set on Altis units and re-flight allowed. I think 2.5 mtr used to exclude AVA and there are lots of kits available from EU as it is a class there, Cum