Radiomaster TX16s

Darren_O

Anyone else bought one? Mines just arrived. Feels really good quality. Solid radio. Gimbals feel as good as my X12s. Can't believe the quality feel of it for £100. 

Really impressed so far. 

IMG_20201109_172224297.jpg

IMG_20201109_172156045.jpg

IMG_20201109_172244698.jpg

• Like 1

I have had one for a couple of months now. Very impressed with the functionality and value for money. 

To be able to clone FRSKY transmitters is really useful!

If you need help look at painless 360 on Youtube.

• Like 1

I have watched some of the video's on You Tube on Radiomaster & the Jumper TX18. The inside of the Tx, looks a lot better for not using ribbon cable everywhere.Some of the things bothered me as to range on the Jumper, plus it would appear that Fsky are working on a protocol that these sets will not work with. Not really surprised there, as they would kill them off. Interested that they said the range on Fsky was much better. Must admit that never had a range problem with the Taranis.

7 hours ago, EssexBOF said:

I have watched some of the video's on You Tube on Radiomaster & the Jumper TX18. The inside of the Tx, looks a lot better for not using ribbon cable everywhere.Some of the things bothered me as to range on the Jumper, plus it would appear that Fsky are working on a protocol that these sets will not work with. Not really surprised there, as they would kill them off. Interested that they said the range on Fsky was much better. Must admit that never had a range problem with the Taranis.

With my Radiomaster TX16S and an Frsky X8R receiver I tested the range with the transmitter in range check mode.

I was surprised to get 130 paces away from the receiver with the RSSI dropping to 40 and still had full control.

I only ever got 60 paces with my Taranis in range check mode.

The guy who has reverse engineered all of these protocols has already copied all of the Frsky protocols including V8, D8, D16 EULBT, D16 FCC and rumour has it he may be working on the Access protocol. 

Radiomaster are already producing their own receivers at a fraction of the cost of Frsky receivers.

The internal multiprotocol module is updateable as more protocols become available.

I have not heard of any range issues in real life situations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cirrusRC said:

Curious - What is the battery life like on these? Screen looks huge.   My taranis using stock batteries lasts ages on a charge.

The Radiomaster TX16S  will take a variety of sizes and types of batteries. I am using 3000 mAh Liion  which gives over 7 hours operation at 400 mAh stated consumption.

• Thanks 1

Multi protocol support is the main draw.  Impressive for the price.  Don't see the point of big hungry screens though.   My x9d will go all week on a single charge.

For now I will stick with taranis but I can see this is a good option for replacing dad's aurora a9.

• Like 1

I like my X9D, but I have been considering an X10S but since I am not flying much at the moment, there isn’t much rush to change. I also understand that FrSky are releasing some more new transmitters in the not too distant future. However, I also read that FrSky want to prevent OpenTX installation on their transmitters long term. If this does happen, then I will be staying with what I have, and looking for other OpenTX systems when the current stuff is obsolete. Radiomaster looks like a good candidate at the moment.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, f3fman said:

Do you remember the "good old days" of 27 and 35Mhz where most systems were compatible as long as you had the right crystals  🙂

I remember being shot down when someone switched on on the same frequency that I was flying on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

I remember being shot down when someone switched on on the same frequency that I was flying on.

Most of us will have the tee shirt for that one, I certainly have. That is the obvious advantage of 2.4Ghz. If it goes in it's your own fault, no excuses. The idea of multiple protocols in one very capable transmitter does appeal if, like me, you have lots of different gear lying about. I've often wondered about trying Opentx, maybe now's the time?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, wookman said:

Most of us will have the tee shirt for that one, I certainly have. That is the obvious advantage of 2.4Ghz. If it goes in it's your own fault, no excuses. The idea of multiple protocols in one very capable transmitter does appeal if, like me, you have lots of different gear lying about. I've often wondered about trying Opentx, maybe now's the time?

I must admit it has been an eye opener to me once you get your head around OpenTX.

On 15/11/2020 at 20:32, f3fman said:

Do you remember the "good old days" of 27 and 35Mhz where most systems were compatible as long as you had the right crystals  🙂

I got caught out by wrong power polarity
... a few times :o 

You had to be very careful when mixing'n'matching servos, receivers and Rx battery packs.
Some had end positive, some had end negative. If you weren't careful the magic smoke escaped!

There was big rivalry between JR and Futaba
I think it was a way to try get you to stay on their setup.

I don't suppose it helped that my dad built some of his own transmitters. Lord only knows what polarity they used!
I had to be very careful when borrowing components from him...

• Like 1