Woollyback 2020

oipigface

OK chaps. It looks like there will be enough people to make it work. Graeme’s bringing the timing gear, Mark T. the A-frames, and I’ll rustle up some handgel and PPE so we can stay within the guidelines. These specify a limit of 30 for organised outdoor sports. It seems unlikely that more than that will want to come, so I won’t bother setting up a formal entry list. The more the merrier (as long as the numbers stay under 30), so if you are reading this and haven’t tried F3F yet, this is a good place to start. You don’t need a fancy model. 

My original post suggested 27th December, but it’s probably better to make it a bit more flexible by having 26th as a ‘reserve date’. In other words, there will be a weather call on the 25th. If the 27th looks OK, we’ll run it then. If not, and 26th looks OK, we’ll run it then. Later dates are after the Christmas relaxation and run into difficulty with the tiered restrictions.

The Woollyback is always held at the Bwlch. 9:30 sounds like a good meet time, in the ice-cream car park. I need to rustle up a key, in case Mickey’s is the slope of the day.

Let’s all hope for some decent weather!

• Like 2

On 01/12/2020 at 20:09, William said:

Not sure that I can sneak away from the family on the 26th but if it ends up on the 27th I’ll be there👍

Likewise. 

My loved ones: Joel and I have been investigating the legal questions surrounding Christmas travel. The statement by the four UK governments is very clear that travel will be permitted to enable people to visit their loved ones, but unsurprisingly doesn’t say anything about F3F. (https://gov.wales/four-uk-nations-agree-new-rules-festive-period) The permission applies to any UK residents, even those living in Tier 3 areas, during the period 23rd to 27th December. This would be an issue if you live in a Tier 3 area and plan to stay overnight on 27th, because it will once again be illegal to travel to or from a Tier 3 area  on the morning of 28th. (BMFA email yesterday)
So whatever doubts you may have about the legality of travel to the Woollyback, you can forget them.

Hope to see you all on the 27th. 

If you haven’t yet indicated your intention to come on 27th please do so by posting here. Also, let me know if you can’t make it on 26th. The numbers are thinning out a bit.

• Haha 1

Sorry John, I can't make it on the 27th anymore, work keeps changing my schedule (on the plus side, I should now be able to make the Midlands event on the 12th).

Gutted to miss it and best of luck with the weather.

2 hours ago, William said:

Sorry John, I can't make it on the 27th anymore, work keeps changing my schedule (on the plus side, I should now be able to make the Midlands event on the 12th).

Gutted to miss it and best of luck with the weather.

Dont expect the 12th to run William 

• Sad 2

Entry list so far:

27th 26th

John T.                                 +.      +

Andy B.                                 +.      +

Les W.                                   +.      +

Keith W.                                +        +

Ian M.                                    +.       +

Bruce H.                                +.       X

Mark T.                                  +.       +

Joel W.                                   ?         

Mike E.                                   +.       +

Nigel W.                                 +         +

Dave R.                                   +.       +

Mark P.                                   +.       +

Graeme M.                             +         +