Hello from Cheltenham

Kenneth Paine

Kenneth Paine

Hello All,

I have just joined the forum despite being a life long modeller.

My main activities are slope soaring and electric sport flying.  I am keen builder posting my projects in nauseating detail on RCGroups.com under the name Kenneth Paine.

I currently have a scratch built Rotor pitcheron and a scratch built 1:5 scale Discus, both with vac-bagged wings and awaiting maiden flights.  Over the Christmas break I framed up an Inside F5J kit, but all its internal gear is stuck at Höllein in Germany thanks to the new Covid strains.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the slopes.

Kenneth

• Like 3

Justin Mellor

Hi Kenneth - Justin here from the Prestbury Park MFC (with an Inside F5J as well).

Sorry to hear that your gear for the Inside has not yet arrived. I have received my new Explorer Q in the post, but also don't have the servos/motor/prop to fit in it.

Hope to catch up with you on the field or the slope when the weather improves - it needs to be a lot warmer than this!

Kenneth Paine

Pete, Justin,

Thank you for your warm welcome.

Justin, what span is your Explorer Q?  I am sure it won't flutter like your Inside F5J!  I look forward to catching up with you at the field or slopes when the weather and circumstances improve.

Kenneth

• 3 weeks later...
Kenneth Paine

Thank you Marc.

By the time lockdown is loosened I will have the Inside F5J ready too, and I already have a 2m slope world-beater on the drawing board to build next.

Kenneth

• Like 1

Justin Mellor

Hi Kenneth - my Explorer Q is 3.8m. I also have a 2.7m Art Hobby glider for the slope, ready to go - plenty of good slopes round here.

Hope to join you on the slope - Justin

• 7 months later...
Kenneth Paine

HI all!

The Discus was maidened on the 12th of July.  Proof can be found here: 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9kR1pdE_Ys

There was minimum wind as you can tell from how clearly you can hear our conversation.  Later the wind picked up and I had a blast throwing the Discus around the sky in a completely un-scale manner, but my cameraman was enjoying the conditions too with his own model so we caught no footage of the second flight, and then I dinged it on its second landing.🙁

Edited by Kenneth Paine
Spelling
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 06/09/2021 at 08:17, Kenneth Paine said:

HI all!

The Discus was maidened on the 12th of July.  Proof can be found here: 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9kR1pdE_Ys

There was minimum wind as you can tell from how clearly you can hear our conversation.  Later the wind picked up and I had a blast throwing the Discus around the sky in a completely un-scale manner, but my cameraman was enjoying the conditions too with his own model so we caught no footage of the second flight, and then I dinged it on its second landing.🙁

What a lovely build and flight! Thanks for sharing it!

• 4 months later...
Kenneth Paine

Hello All,

The Inside F5J is finally complete bar a little programming.  1.1 Kilos with ten grams tail weight.

DSC_5602.jpg

DSC_5604.jpg

DSC_5605.jpg

• Like 2

Kenneth Paine

Hi Graham,

I will fly it at the Prestbury Park club flying site north of Bishops Cleeve.

Kenneth

Graham Lorimer

Good morning Kenneth

I fly at least twice a week (weather permitting) at the Malvern site in Upton on Severn, 17 miles to get here and a great bunch of dedicated Thermal Flyers, several Cheltenham guys are members, great field with a lot of thermal activity.

Let me know if you want to visit some time.

Graham

Justin Mellor

Hi Kenneth - good see your Inside F5J - I will also be flying up at Upton on Severn again this year - my Purito is nearly ready to go.

Hope to catch up with you sometime.

Justin

Kenneth Paine
On 16/04/2022 at 08:51, Graham Lorimer said:

Good morning Kenneth

I fly at least twice a week (weather permitting) at the Malvern site in Upton on Severn, 17 miles to get here and a great bunch of dedicated Thermal Flyers, several Cheltenham guys are members, great field with a lot of thermal activity.

Let me know if you want to visit some time.

Graham

Good afternoon Graham,

I only visited your Upton on Severn site once many years ago.  Thank you for the invitation to visit again.  I look forward to doing so in due course; it would be good to coordinate then.

Kind regards,

Kenneth