2021 F3K LEAGUE

Neil Harrison

Neil Harrison

image.thumb.png.439a88b39a6096391b31765828a2d66f.png

Please be advised that we will be monitoring the situation with COVID-19 and this calendar and maybe subject to change.

image.thumb.png.c03a1e6e1b73862ba2b207cdbde64b33.png

• Like 1

• Neil Harrison changed the title to 2021 F3K LEAUGE

Good work Neil, looking forward to a ten day comp to start....! I'm guessing it should be 19th-20th June? Hope we can get some in this year ay... Nice to see Charmy back on the list and a new venue too, Sherlowe, I better look that up.

• Haha 1

Neil Harrison

What's wrong with a 10 day first comp, I think we all need it to blow out the cobwebs 🤣

Dates now amended...

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

Hey Dan

You are more than welcome, our first event of the year is a come try it event, this is normally well attended by those that either want to learn more about DLG, want to enhance their existing skills and also to get themselves competition ready.

There will be a bulletin closer to the time but basically its a combination of ground school and flying activities as well as demonstrations, the perfect forum for someone wanting either start or progress. 

• Austin pinned this topic
Neil Harrison

New date added to the competition calendar for 2021, Radioglide which takes place weekend 19th - 31st May, F3K will be on the Sunday 30th.

Despite the difficult times we have had we are looking to have a good healthy event schedule for this year, we are waiting for a decision on the SF Nationals and also an event at Fish Meadow.  I will post any update here when we know more.

All updates will be added to the calendar at the top of this thread, so please keep an eye on what has changed so you don't miss anything.  I have also added a downloadable PDF of the Calendar to make it easy for you to print it off.

• Like 1

15th May can be added to the calendar too. Fish Meadow at Upton upon Severn. 
I’m sure Neil will update the calendar soon but thought I’d mention it here since it’s the first one up! Only 2 months to go...

Neil Harrison

Yes, I need to add this date to the diary..

I'm also waiting for information re the SF Nationals 

Neil Harrison

New Calendar uploaded with PDF file for download.

We now have 7 booked events, 2 provisional and 3 reserve dates.....looking to be a good competitive season.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
blancmatter

Is the 2 day event on at BMFA Buckminster on 19th and 20th of June? If so how do I enter?

There will be a thread about it soon. As far as I know, the official comp is on the Sunday only. Saturday is a help new comers day, where we may fly some tasks for fun. All are welcome to both days. 

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

Please note that we have made some changes to the competition calendar for this year.

In summary....

• 07-08 August - Removal of the Martin Cup Eurotour Event
  • 08-14 August - Removal of the F3K World Championships
  • 14-15 August - Venue change from Sherlowe to Malvern (Fish Meadow), also note this is now a 1 day event
  • 29 August - Addition of British National Championships @ BMFA NFC 
  • 09 October - Reserve date change for Sherlowe to following week 16 October

• Like 3

Neil Harrison

League table updated as of L3 @ Buckminster. 🙂

Competition Calendar Updated to reflect the second 'Come Try DLG' event 24th July, this will be followed by competition day on 25th July.....I will plan a BBQ and other activities for this event including a small fun free flight comp.

Neil Harrison

All we are pleased to announce that we now have a 2 day National Championship competition, Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th August 2021.

We propose to run over 12 rounds and then have a fly off with the top placed pilots to decide our new National Champion, I am sure this will be a good competition as the fly off will award bonus points to league scores.

There will be a Silent Flight Nationals entry form available soon where you can book in and pay for camping and competition entry.

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

I have finally had chance to update the league table and it makes for interesting reading... 

Less than 16 points separates the top 5 places so this makes for a very interesting end to the season.

• Like 6

• Neil Harrison changed the title to 2021 F3K LEAGUE
  • 3 weeks later...

Weather permitting, do we still have a contest on the 16th?  I know we are a long way form the 16th, but forecast looks peachy.  

Mike, this was a reserve date and never confirmed.

We didn't need to use the reserves.  As far as I'm aware the league is done.  

• Austin unpinned this topic