BMFA GPS Presentation - Thank You

Neil Harrison

Neil Harrison

Hey Greg and all, many thanks for putting on a truly awesome presentation on GPS Triangle Racing this evening.....

At just under 300 attendees this was extremely well supported and received.

Certainly got me and a lot of people thinking...

Thank you once again, great job!

• Like 3

Dick Whitehead

Yes, it was a great presentation and seemed to generate a lot of interest. Many thanks to Greg and the others for all the information.

Just looking forward to being allowed out to fly, and try out my new GPS Triangle gear. I know it all works on the bench, but flying with it is another matter!

Dick

• Like 1

John Greenfield

Hi Dick

I see you are near Luton from your profile. When we are allowed out to fly again you are very welcome to come over to my club (Phoenix MFC) at London Colney (junction 22 on the M25) and fly with us. There are several GPS flyers in the Phoenix club now, including Greg Lewis who has just joined, I would be more than happy to spend time helping you getting to grips with  the kit and learning to fly triangles.

John

• Like 1

Dick Whitehead

Thanks John, I might just do that.

I often fly with Greg, and he did let me have a flight with his setup last year, which is why I am now the proud owner of a Snipe/Sparrow setup. The kit all seems fine and the operation logical so I was happy with my one test flight with Greg, but as you all said last night familiarity to the point of no longer thinking about the tech is a key factor.

I have created a "light class course" in Albatross at my local flying field, so between that, Greg, and now you, I am really looking forward to being allowed out again.

"Please sir, I have had my jab, when can I go out?" 🙂

Dick

• Like 1

Hi Neil,

Glad you like it. Very hard when you are presenting to know if it is going okay.  Unlike a face to face club night you cannot see if you are hitting a chord and gaining interest from the audience. 

Superb support from Andy Symons and I knew John Greenfield was always there if I suddenly got a mental block or stage fright.

It is great class and I really hope John's trail blazing and now this webinar creates a ground swell in the UK.

Happy Landings

Greg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy Symons said:

For those that missed it

https://youtu.be/MAghdzSiJfU

Andy, and Greg, I was very disappointed not to have been able to make the actual session - and extremely pleased to be able to watch it after the event so thanks a lot for this link, much appreciated. 

I like the comment early in the presentation about the structure of the event helping a lot with motivation and feeling of reward, (as well as skill improvement!). 

I recommend to anyone that if you haven't seen this, it is a very interesting and well presented, and well worth a watch!!

Cheers

Kyri

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Dick Whitehead

Just wanted to follow up with some thanks to all those giving freely of their time and knowledge to help others get started.

I have watched and learned from both presentations and now, with a lot of help and coaching from Greg on the field, I have finally got into the air with a GPS equipped Pike Perfection and uploaded my first "scores" to the league website.

So much to watch and listen to while in the air and I still don't really know what I am doing most of the time so the track of the flight looks like it was being flown by a drunk 🙂, but I was very happy to achieve 4 circuits of the triangle (beginners luck with the lift).

Having now flown 'the course' a lot of the comments and explanations in the presentations are coming back to me in flashes of understanding, so I have a few changes of trim and Tx settings in mind and am looking forward to getting out again.

👍

Dick

• Like 1

Baldyslapnut

Hi Dick,

You are doing really well.

Nice neat set up on the Tx with the Snipe and phone. I knew you would crack it really quickly. It was a blustery and cold day. So 4 legs with a Light Class model was a great achievement.

We just need some warm balmy days and you can really go for it.

Regards

Greg