Easter Sunday - 4th April - F5J shakedown at Little Bentley

tonym

Hopefully the staged unlock will go to plan and we can have a socially distanced comp. one day over the Easter weekend.

Three things need to be right - are we unlocked enough, is the weather OK, and can we get vehicles on the field(s)?

Be prepared for a late announcement nearer the time.

Edited by tonym
Title changed
  • Like 2

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Would be rude not to 😃 so I will be there.

On 16/03/2021 at 09:19, PETER SHERLIKER said:

Tony I will be there but why only 1 day when we have 4

Hi Peter

If there were two nice days together it would be possible to have more than one day's flying. My problem is that I'm too weak and feeble to run multi-day contests. I can just about do one but still pay for it with aches and pain for a day or two after :(

How would you feel about arranging and running a second day of flying? We have all the field kit, all you need is a laptop with GliderScore installed, and have a 'day 2' thread on here to get entries. Have a look here - and the GliderScore site here

Quick and dirty videos of setting up GS and a competition here and here

Tony

• Like 1

PETER SHERLIKER

Tony I am just used to South Africa where Easter being 4 days is used for the power nationals and separate silent flight nats and usually weather is not a consideration being the start of autumn and approx like UK summer. Are you going to go for weather report and use Friday first then alternate to what ever is best of rest.

Just means I will have to do testing using the 4 days before Easter only work done on Models being changing the CAA nos.   

Tony,

I would like come to Bartletts on the Saturday or Sunday but not Little Bentley at this time.

I've also sent you a PM

Thanks

• tonym changed the title to Easter Sunday - 4th April - F5J shakedown at Little Bentley

Weather tomorrow looking OK, field OK*, unlocked status unchanged - so whomever would like to come to Little Bentley tomorrow is welcome to arrive anytime after 9am.

Notes:
Don't come if you're feeling unwell.
Social distancing to be practiced.
Bring a pen or pencil - we're back to paper score cards.
Arrive when you like, leave when you like - I'll knock up a contest on the field around 10am - or soon after I arrive 🙂
Fred, the owner of the field, has put in a folding bollard in the entrance to stop the village idiots doing donuts on the fields. It's probably not locked, test it, let me know if it is and I'll call Fred. It can be left down while we're there.
First to arrive will take the tape off between the first two fence posts so that we can drive around to the usual parking area.
* The area on the last bend to the parking area is a bit soggy - don't drive in to the dip in that area and you'll be fine.

An excellent day out. Sun came out around 11, took the chill off, and then stayed out for the rest of the day. Great to see Ray and his wife Jean who visited us for a good deal of the day, it was nice just sitting in the sun listening to the skylarks.

We flew 6 'rounds' - 5 flew with 1 doing the timing and calling. Timer for R1 Tony, R2 Randy, R3 John, R4 Pete, R5 Steve & R6 Garry.

Results with 1 drop
1drop.thumb.png.ca49f78e9f886c9fe12789a85c9ff20e.png

With 2 drops
2drops.thumb.png.5f57c3909990655f57a163501885da3b.png

steve knowles

Tony,

Really enjoyed yesterday's get together.

Some good good flying and great to catch up with everyone after such a long break.

Thanks for organising.

Steve.  

• Like 1