Kent Interclub F5J at Gravesend - 11 April 2021 CANCELLED

RSH

Important Covid Advice

• Do not attend this competition if you are showing any Covid symptoms or have experienced them in the last 14 days.   The most important symptoms of Covid are the recent onset of the following:   A new continuous cough,  a high temperature,  a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or small.
  • Competition will be paperless using Gliderscore smart phone app.  Please print off your own blank score card
  • Bring gloves and sanitiser to the event in case gates need to be opened/shut
  • Do not touch landing tapes, use feet to move tapes relative to front of model after landing
  • Strictly observe the 2m distancing rule.
  • Ensure you follow latest Gov.uk guidelines in respect to washing hands, touching face and hand hygiene.

Summary:   

• You are invited to Kent Interclub Electric 1 F5J competition to be held 11 April 2021, CD on the day is Derek Price.  
  • Gravesend Club have kindly given permission to use their field at Cliffe for this event.
  • This is an open competition and non-Kent Interclub club members are very welcome (entry fee £5).  For KIC flyers only – note that this competition will also use the scoring for the 2021 Kent Cup and Bartletts league
  • We want to have a full day's flying so please check in 09:30 latest and be ready for Pilots Briefing at 09:45 with the competition starting at 10:00 sharp.
  • To enter, please click on Reply to this topic no later than 6pm Friday 9 April with model class, and frequency if not 2.4 so a matrix can be set up. 
  • A final decision to confirm or cancel depending on the weather will be posted here by 6pm Friday 9 April. (Please note that entrants need to check here and will not be emailed about cancellation.)

Location & Directions

• The field can be as follows.  
    • Leaving the M2, follow A289 towards Medway tunnel and then follow signs for B2000 towards Cliffe.
    • Follow B2000 right through Cliffe village until road narrows and then right into Reed Street which then becomes Common Lane. 
    • Field is down track on corner of Common lane/ Rye street
  • The nearest postcode is ME3 7UD
  • Using What3Words (phone app) with location kidney.input.robot
  • See attached image for field location

image.png.9231756353aaa2d20c28525002122d8c.png

List of entrants

Ian Nicholls           Open 2.4  BMFA 39293  Barcs 3739

Pete Mitchell        Open  2.4

Keith Fisher          Open  2.4

Richard Harris      Open  2.4  Barcs 3322

Eddy Small           Open  2.4  BMFA 063558. Barcs 3578.

Garry Matthews   Open  2.4  BARCS 3628  BMFA 032611  FAI GBR032611

Steve Knowles      Open  2.4 BARCS 608    BMFA 70799

Terry Letchford     Open  2.4 BMFA No. 28526 BARCs tba

Alan Harris           Open  2.4 BMFA No:- 072313

Bob Ryan              Open  2.4 BMFA 76538

Derek Collins

Alan Twine

Hi, I've just moved house and have too much to do. Hoping to catch up soon. Have a great day.

Keith Benton 

Enter me please Richard. Might need help with Gliderscore. Open 2.4GHz.

Eddy. BMFA 063558. Barcs 3578.

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Please also add me to your list.

Thanks

Pete

Could you add me as well please Richard

Terry Letchford. BMFA No. 28526

BARCs - awaiting membership no. - just joined.

Hi Richard, please include me for Sunday 11th April

Alan Harris. BMFA No:- 072313

BARCs - awaiting membership no. - just joined.

Hi Richard,

Please enter me for Sunday 11th April.

Bob Ryan, 2.4 GHz

BMFA 76538

Worried about the weather forecast?

The What Three Words location for the field entrance is: “fewest.timer.sketching”

image.thumb.png.9aa9a509ba083baf2f0fb1d92c82ff5f.png

13 hours ago, Alan H said:

Hi Richard, please include me for Sunday 11th April Open 2.4 Ghz

Alan Harris. BMFA No:- 072313

BARCS No:- 3965.

• RSH changed the title to Kent Interclub F5J at Gravesend - 11 April 2021 CANCELLED

Gravesend F5J competition on the 11 April has been Cancelled due to poor weather forecast.   We have looked at a number of weather forecast and all of them predict high winds and low temperatures.   Therefore we have decided to postpone the competition until next Sunday, 18 April at the same location and hope for better weather.  I will start a new thread for this competition.

• 3 weeks later...