Bungee parachute ?

Derek Lowbridge

Derek Lowbridge

Hi everyone , I'm just getting back into rc gliding after about 25 years . I have a bungee with just a thin ribbon flag on the plane end , and I'm trying to find a parachute

to replace it . I've been told someone in BARCS makes up bungees so I'm wondering if I can buy just the chute , or if not what is the cost of a complete bungee .

John Minchell

Derek "Pete in Northiam" is the chap making up bungees on this forum. 

I bought one last year, but only the rubber.  Not sure if he does the parachute as well. 

John M

Derek Lowbridge

Thanks John , I asked the question on the Silent Flight webcast last night and they suggested I try BARCS . I have tried all the companies that supply

gliding accessories and although they may list parachutes with images no-one can get hold of them . Do you know what the diamentions of one is ?

Thanks again !

Stay Safe

I probably won't need this again - just cut it off an old ‘luggage elastic' bugee that must be about 40 years old.  PM me your address if you want it - it seems serviceable but, if not, it will do as a pattern.  Just hope the neighbours didn't spot the piece of kindling parachuting into my garden.....

BC44D803-4F50-48DD-8CD7-5D5B1D1D3B79.jpeg

29F57877-B62A-4F85-B29F-C33CEF0C1FB5.jpeg

• Like 1

Derek Lowbridge

Thanks Steve , I've been offered a chute by another BARCS member that is surplus to his requirements , but I will have a look at that site

you mention for future references.

Thanks again & Stay Safe

Derek

Derek Lowbridge

Hi Jef , Thank you for the info , I've also been told that modelshopleeds have them in stock at the moment .

A very kind "mikef" has sent me one that he doesn't use anymore so I am made up now but will make a note of the suggestions .

Thank you again  , Derek 

• Like 1

Derek Lowbridge

Hi mikef . Parachute arrived thanks very much , let me know your address and I'll send you the cost of the postage .

Thank you very much again

8 hours ago, Derek Lowbridge said:

Hi Jef , Thank you for the info , I've also been told that modelshopleeds have them in stock at the moment .

A very kind "mikef" has sent me one that he doesn't use anymore so I am made up now but will make a note of the suggestions .

Thank you again  , Derek 

No Problem at all Derek,

I was merely letting others (that might read this in the future, if they are looking for a 'chute), know my findings.

Mike F is a good'un!

Jef