Kent Interclub F5J at Gravesend on18 April

RSH

Kent Interclub – F5J at Gravesend 18 April – Latest Update

The weather looks good for Sunday, just a shade cooler than ideal.  We have a reasonable number of flyers, so looking forward to a good competition.

In respect to scoring on the day, we will use Gliderscore and will have QR codes for each competitor to use.  However, for this competition, we will trial a simpler method. 

By clicking on the link below, you will see a list of all the competitors – Click on your name and your Gliderscore scoring sheet will appear for you to use on Sunday.  

https://kentinterclub.wordpress.com/electric-1/ .

Please feel free to play - Can I encourage you all to have a play with this simpler system?  On your phone, find this page and click on the link.  Once the GliderScore scoring page appears,  you can then bookmark the page for use on Sunday.  You can also play with entering the scores into the system before the final Scoring database being reset at 18:00 on Saturday.

See you all Sunday.

Important Covid Advice

Do not attend this competition if you are showing any Covid symptoms or have experienced them in the last 14 days.   The most important symptoms of Covid are the recent onset of the following:   A new continuous cough,  a high temperature,  a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or small.

Competition will be paperless using Gliderscore smart phone app.  Please print off your own blank score card

Bring gloves and sanitiser to the event in case gates need to be opened/shut.  Do not touch landing tapes, use feet to move tapes relative to front of model after landing.  Strictly observe the 2m distancing rule.  Ensure you follow latest Gov.uk guidelines in respect to washing hands, touching face and hand hygiene.

Summary:   

You are invited to Kent Interclub Electric 1 F5J competition to be held 18 April 2021, CD on the day is Derek Price.  

Gravesend Club have kindly given permission to use their field at Cliffe for this event.

This is an open competition and non-Kent Interclub club members are very welcome (entry fee £5).  For KIC flyers only – note that this competition will also use the scoring for the 2021 Kent Cup and Bartletts league

We want to have a full day's flying so please check in 09:30 latest and be ready for Pilots Briefing at 09:45 with the competition starting at 10:00 sharp.

To enter, please click on Reply to this topic no later than 6pm Friday 16 April with model class, and frequency if not 2.4 so a matrix can be set up. 

A final decision to confirm or cancel depending on the weather will be posted here by 6pm Friday 16 April. (Please note that entrants need to check here and will not be emailed about cancellation.)

Location & Directions - The field can be as follows.  

• Leaving the M2, follow A289 towards Medway tunnel and then follow signs for B2000 towards Cliffe.
  • Follow B2000 right through Cliffe village until road narrows and then right into Reed Street which then becomes Common Lane. 
  • Field is down track on corner of Common lane/ Rye street
  • The nearest postcode is ME3 7UD
  • Using What3Words (phone app) with location kidney.input.robot

Contestants:

• Nick Jackson        Open 2.4
  • Keith Fisher          Open 2.4
  • Richard Harris      Open 2.4  Barcs 3322
  • Ian Nicholls          Open 2.4  BMFA 39293  BARCS 3739
  • Eddy Small           Open 2.4 BMFA 063558 BARCS 3578
  • Terry Letchford     Open 2.4 BMFA 28526   BARCs 3964
  • Alan Harris           Open 2.4
  • Pete Mitchell        Open 2.4
  • Steve Knowles      Open 2.4 BARCS 608 BMFA 70799
  • Alan Twine           Open 2.4
  • Derek Collins       Open 2.4
  • John Postle          Open 2.4  BMFA 113642
  • Garry Matthews   Open 2.4  BARCS 3628 BMFA 032611 FAI GBR032611
  • Mike Connell       Open 2.4
  • Dave Teal             Open 35Mhz
  • Colin Paddon       Open 2.4  BMFA 073473 BARCS 493
  • Graham Wickes   Open 2.4 BMFA 052827
  • Sir Bob Ryan        Open 2.4
  • Bob Hope            Open 2.4

• RSH changed the title to Kent Interclub F5J at Gravesend on18 April

Could you add me as well please Richard

Terry Letchford. BMFA No. 28526

BARCs - membership no. - 3964

Richard

Could you please put John Postle in provisionally for Sunday. He should be there but is dependant on care.

Bmfa no. 113642

Regards

Terry   

Can you add me as an entrant please, although my main purposes on Sunday will be to support Mike Connell and maybe get a new model. 

I'll be flying on 35Mhz ch 80 with my old Algebra, now electrified.