Lipo cell monitoring in flight

mark_r

Looking for suggestions for in flight lipo cell montoring. I'm wanting to know the lowest cell voltage from a 4-6s lipo. My futaba receivers will take an external voltage and send back to the transmitter but I can't find a monitor to do this (no problem sending total pack voltage, but I want individual cell voltage). 

Does anyone know of anything (or thinking of making my own)?

One of my FRSKY battery monitors sends back each cell voltage (I don't know how many cells it will do).  I only run 3 cell, so I don't really need or want it. I guess that your idea, to return only the lowest cell voltage would make an interesting project.   

There are some quite small Arduino controllers that can be set up for this, measuring all and returning the lowest as if it is the pack voltage.  

John Minchell

I appreciate this is not Futaba, but the principal is sound.

I use Multiplex radio and use a separate MPX voltage sensor plugged into the balance lead of a 6 cell LiPo power pack. 

In addition to the UBEC regulated reading of 5.5v sent to the Tx as standard TX/RX telemetry (which is usless tbh), I get a couple of cells reading and set alarms off those cell readings.  This now means I can read the actual state of the cells in the battery, before it is regulated into the Rx and know when it is getting low. Futaba probably do a voltage sensor or there are may ways of getting a stand alone one.  Take a look at the SM Modellbau stuff - high quality and cheaper than my Multiplex stuff, FrSky probably do something for a tenner as well!  https://www.hoelleinshop.com/RC-components-transmitters-servos-etc-/Sensors-Telemetry/SM-Modellbau.htm?shop=hoellein_e&SessionId=&a=catalog&t=182&c=60534&p=60534

John M