Help please Taranis for DLG pilots

Old School

I have set my Stiletto up with “Taranis for DLG pilots” I have got it all working but have a problem that I cannot figure out. The flaps go up and down as they should when using the throttle stick but if I use the launch or cruise thermal speed switches one flap goes up and the others down like the ailerons. Any suggestions please.

My radio is Taranis XD9 plus 2019SE.

Try altering the sign of the weight in the mixes for the errant flap. The mixes that gives you the thermal/speed/cruise on a switch (presumably)

If you alter the direction of this flap it will go the wrong way when you deploy the flaps (crow braking?)

Cheers,

John

Neil Harrison

Have you tried the J. FRICKMAN program from RC Groups..... this is real simple to use and well supported.

I have tried the J Fickman program but it does not seem to work very well with my transmitter, his support has been good but he doesn’t know why it doesn’t work. Given up with it.

Must admit very close to giving up with Taranis and opentx life’s to short thinking Spektrum.

Hate to be ‘that guy’ but Jespers program works great with the 2019 Taranis, I think even better since it has bigger memory, my older pre-2019 version did used to crash a bit running Jespers program but after I got the newer version is ran really smoothly.

Saying that, previous to owning Frsky I was I long time Spektrum flyer and went back to them for a short time before I quit the hobby. Either brand is very good. 

The main problem I find with Jesper program is that the scroll wheel and pressing it to enter does not work on a lot of the operations starting with changing the voltage etc. I am running the latest version of the software any ideas?

If I remember correctly, with the voltage you just scroll the cursor down to voltage but you don’t have to click to select it. Just scroll to change the value, clicking on it enters the value. Anything else I’m not sure since it’s been a while since I owned a radio so can’t check for you. Sorry. 

Adrians program works well too, just doesn’t have the F3K tasks like Jespers but you can use a separate program, I believe David (cirrusrc) uses this set up and I tried it myself and it works very well. He’ll be able to link you to the tasks lua script if you wanted it. 

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3476355-Taranis-DLG-V5-0-Quick-setup-feature-rich-predictable-DLG-program-for-the-Taranis

On 16/04/2021 at 08:12, Old School said:

I have set my Stiletto up with “Taranis for DLG pilots” I have got it all working but have a problem that I cannot figure out. The flaps go up and down as they should when using the throttle stick but if I use the launch or cruise thermal speed switches one flap goes up and the others down like the ailerons. Any suggestions please.

My radio is Taranis XD9 plus 2019SE.

Think you need to add another line in the mixing menu, for each servo to move in the direction you want with the switch assigned to to Thermal Then repeat for the Speed task. I do that for my F5j models, works fine. Open Tx does take a bit of getting your head around, but is far more cost effective, than more expensive gear.

• Like 2

StraightEdge

Well done for solving the problem.  General comment: don't give up on Taranis (certainly not in my opinion to go back to Spektrum), everything is very logical and open, just get to know it better.  Best investment for me was buying the printed manual from T9 Hobbysport:  https://www.t9hobbysport.com/taranis-x9d-plus-opentx-user-manual

• Like 1