Entries are now open for Radioglide 2021

steve knowles

steve knowles

Radioglide 2021 - 41st Festival of Flat Field Soaring May 29th to 31st 2021.

Arrangements are being made for Radioglide 2021 to take place at the BMFA National Flying Centre, Sewstern Road, Buckminster, Grantham, NG33 5RW

All events are open entry, however, competitors must be BMFA members.

F5J will take place on Saturday May 29th & Sunday May 30th and will be run as a two day event counting towards BARCS & BMFA leagues and will be a Team Selection event. The Radioglide F5J Champion will be the winner of the two day event. There will however be an award for the best performer on each day therefore you can enter for a single day.

F3K will take place on Sunday May 30th.

On Monday May 31st, a GPS Triangle newbie-friendly session will take place to allow entrants to experience this class as several F5J competitors will be doing, repurposing their F5J models for the GPS Triangle Light category.

Camping will be available on site.

Full information including camping and entry arrangements are available here

ENTRIES CLOSE SUNDAY 23rd MAY. 

• 3 weeks later...
Ian Duff

Hi Steve

Can I just check the cost of camping please at Radioglide.

BMFA charge £10 a night per unit (tent, caravan or campervan) regardless of the number of occupants. Using the BARCS on-line entry I have been charged £20 per night (2 occupants).

Is this right ?

Regards and thanks

Ian

thermaldoctor

Another thing to check please if possible.....if booked for camping and it absolutely howls down can we use the big hangar overnight?

Thanks

Neil

• Administrators
Austin
1 hour ago, Ian Duff said:

Hi Steve

Can I just check the cost of camping please at Radioglide.

BMFA charge £10 a night per unit (tent, caravan or campervan) regardless of the number of occupants. Using the BARCS on-line entry I have been charged £20 per night (2 occupants).

Is this right ?

Regards and thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

It clearly says on the product, Radioglide Camping (Per Unit Per Night), You bought 2 of them, maybe thinking from last time you did it was per person. I will refund one of them and cancel it.

Ian Duff

Hi Austin.

Cheers.

I got confused by the instruction at the bottom that quantity = number of persons in the tent.

Regards as always 

Ian

• Administrators
Austin
1 hour ago, Ian Duff said:

Hi Austin.

Cheers.

I got confused by the instruction at the bottom that quantity = number of persons in the tent.

Regards as always 

Ian

Indeed, I will alter that, cheers.

Baldyslapnut
5 hours ago, thermaldoctor said:

Another thing to check please if possible.....if booked for camping and it absolutely howls down can we use the big hangar overnight?

Thanks

Neil

Yes we can.

• 2 weeks later...
Ian Duff

Hi Steve/Austin.

A number of us are planning on camping on site with wives and partners over the Radioglide weekend. Given the guidelines in place on outdoor numbers is there a planned limit or restriction on non-participants at Buckminster ?

Cheers

Ian

steve knowles

Ian,

We are carrying out Risk Assessments and taking appropriate precautions in line with the BMFA's guidance. Under the arrangements we are making, there is no problem with wives / partners camping on site or limit on the numbers. The only restriction is that if any of the flying sessions has more than 30 participants then spectators are not allowed in the area of the field in which the session is being held and so would need to remain on the camp site. 

Steve

• Like 1

PETER SHERLIKER

Steve what plans Re weather we have had wet and windy weather since Summer past through here (Horsham) couple of mths ago currently wet and very windy weekend looks dicey for comp on Sunday, Don't mind wind but with rain No No last time I flew in rain S F nats Cranwell I wear Bi Focal I had 2 Biplanes one in each Eye Had to shut one Eye to fly landings were fun as soon as you got close all disappeared. Seriously can we have a cut off date/time as I don't fancy driving couple of hundred miles or so if no comp is at end also who will be occupying camp site before we arrive on Friday about Lunch (Space ?) Not Aero modelling.

Peter Sherliker 

Ian Duff
4 hours ago, steve knowles said:

Ian,

We are carrying out Risk Assessments and taking appropriate precautions in line with the BMFA's guidance. Under the arrangements we are making, there is no problem with wives / partners camping on site or limit on the numbers. The only restriction is that if any of the flying sessions has more than 30 participants then spectators are not allowed in the area of the field in which the session is being held and so would need to remain on the camp site. 

Steve

Thanks Steve. Appreciate.

steve knowles

Thank you to all of you who have entered the Radioglide events. For anyone still intending to enter please remember that the final day for entries is Sunday May 23rd.

Event details, including start times etc, will be emailed to all entrants by the respective CDs on Monday or Tuesday next week and subsequently posted on the Forum

Covid guidance notes will be issued separately.

CDs for the three main events are as follows:

F5J- Ian Nicholls

GPS - Greg Lewis

F3K - Neil Harrison.

Regards

Steve

steve knowles

In response to the question raised above by MikeF regarding PayPal and in case anyone else is having trouble.

Unfortunately the facility to pay via PayPal is no longer available.

Payment can be made using a credit/debit card, or BACS, via the link in the first post above.  

Nicholls

As CD for the 2 Day F5J event I would like to thank you for entering.

Peter Allen

Kevin Beale

Gary Binnie

Ian Coutts

John Cuthbertson

Mark DeVall

Bob Dickenson

Ian Duff

David Fogg

Bill Haley*

Simon Haley

Steve Haley

David Hall

Richard Harris

John Hovell

Nick Jackson

Brian Johnson

Neil Jones

Steve Knowles

Alan Lipscombe

Garry  Matthews

Alex Maxfield

Pete Mitchell

Ian Nicholls

Ingo Osbourne**

Colin Paddon

Cengiz Philcox

Peter Sherliker

Eddie Small

Paul Wainwright

George Wells

Graham Wicks

*Sunday only **Saturday only

The Draw Tables (maybe more) will be published before Thursday 27th.

All pilots must show proof of BMFA/SAA or equivalent liability insurance.

Please read  BMFA National Visitor Centre Flying Rules at

https://nationalcentre.bmfa.org/flying/flying-rules

Programme

Saturday and Sunday

Check in 0900 to 0930

Practice flights must end by 0930 (campers can start from dawn)

Pilots Briefing 0940 Please bring your proof of BMFA or SAA insurance to this.

Competition start 1000

3 rounds of 4 groups to be flown before a 30 minute lunch, (the length of which may be changed on the day), after that another 3 rounds

Results and presentations by 1700

Both days scores will be combined to decide final placings

Competition Scoring 

This is a FAI F5J event and your model must have an approved height limiting/data logging device (AMRT) which must be able to show the max height your model goes to during its motor run time plus 10 seconds after your motor is shut off. The limiting function must be set to allow maximum 30seconds motor run time, and the height limiting function must be disabled or set to 300m. Motor restart is permitted at any time during flight for safety reasons, but will result in a zero score for that round.

We will be using GliderScore eScoring program and by clicking on the link for each day (that will be emailed to you) you will see a list of all the competitors – Click on your name and your GliderScore scoring screen will appear for you to use.  

Using this link is just an alternative to the QR method.

Once the GliderScore scoring page appears, you can then bookmark the page for use throughout that day’s competition.  

Pilots enter their scores using their Smartphone. Additionally, pilots will also be required to provide a paper backup of their scores using the attached blank Score Cards for the 6 rounds which should be printed by the pilot beforehand to avoid handling by others or collected before the competition start. This will be useful to record scores before entering them on your phone, checking and submitting and as a backup and at the end of the day to be put in the Scorecard box near the control tent.   

If you are not familiar with this scoring system please follow the link below, this is five minute video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFHQGQzy36I

Note this video refers to the QR method to get to the score screen whereas we are using the links as mentioned before.

Should you have any queries please let me know via email or PM in the first instance.

After waiting for 2 years let’s make it a memorable Radioglide!

Ian Nicholls

• Like 1

Nicholls
Posted (edited)

I have attached the Draw Tables for Day 1 Saturday and Day 2 Sunday  

Please use the links below to access your score cards so you can practice entering scores on your phone before the competitions and set up “Bookmarks” for them. 

The Competition will be reset online before the start of each day.  

Competition Scoring  

We will be using GliderScore eScoring program and by clicking on the link for each day (that will be emailed) you will see a list of all the competitors – Click on your name and your GliderScore scoring screen will appear for you to use.   

Saturday - https://radioglide2021.wordpress.com/radioglide-f5j-xnj/   

Sunday- http://radioglide2021.wordpress.com/f5j-day-2-sun_gd2/ 

Using this link is just an alternative to the QR method. 

Once the GliderScore scoring page appears, you can then bookmark the page for use throughout that day’s competition.   

Pilots enter their scores using their Smartphone. Additionally, pilots will also be required to provide a paper backup of their scores using Score Records for the 6 rounds which will be emailed to you.

These should be printed by the pilot beforehand to avoid handling by others or collected before the competition start. This will be useful to record scores before entering them on your phone, checking and submitting and as a backup and at the end of the day to be put in the Score Records in the box near the control tent.    

Radioglide draw table Day 1.jpg

Radioglide draw table Day 2.jpg

Edited by Nicholls
now showing Graham Wicks

Nicholls

Sorry for that Wixy, you were last on the page before you start! Now corrected 

Ian Duff

Hi Ian.

I expect this is a stupid question but how do I go about printing off my paper score cards.

Cheers 

Ian