3rd 2021 2m F3-RES, F5-RES 14 day Duration Challenge

martynk

Remarkable flight. Must have been a bit nerve wracking trying to get it back.. Very well done..  Not sure how I'll format the table when the hour is eventually broken.. :D 

image.thumb.png.4df0865adbeed424734a4cc440ef639d.png

• 2 weeks later...
Graham Lorimer

Spent a very nice day at Fish Meadow today, several F5J guys flying, and I loaded up my two 2 Meter RES Electric models. 90 Minutes flying Purito only produced a best of 13 minutes, so decided I would try some more trimming of my recently acquired Circle Dancer. I had already spent an hour or two trimming it, but the only way to stay in lift seemed to be "Flying Ugly" as I would call it, nothing smooth about this one at all. Stalls were quite common and very hard to dial out, I found I had to fly it all the way.

Several flights in, snagged some reasonable lift and got away nicely after spending over 4 minutes at less than launch height. With a maximum altitude over 525 meters, I ended with a flight of 42 minutes 41 seconds. After a lot of rude comments, plus a couple of good suggestions from the watching F5J guys, I started moving the C of G further forward, and a lot of the "Flying Ugly" was dialled out, I suspect if I had flown in the good lift with the new settings, it may have been even better, so now the Circle Dancer has been elevated from back up model to Equal Number One Status with the Purito.

Circle Dancer

Fish Meadow

42 minutes 41 seconds

Graham

Friday May 14th.png

• Like 3

Well done Graham. Another cracking flight..  You only get one entry for the league table though.  :D

image.thumb.png.2a705d48b3d7aff1113190dfcd124b07.png

Graham Lorimer

Hi Martyn

I presume by your smiley comment, whatever the model/s I fly, only the best score I achieve with either model used will count towards a place in that particular round?

Hope that is the case.

Graham

The best flight counts irrespective if how many models you fly.. 

I think that is fair. 

I'll update the tables and start a new challenge this evening. 

Meanwhile, here is my electric version of Mad Hatter 2. Sadly I appear to have a duff motor so another is on order. 435g with batteryDSC_0237.thumb.JPG.01b7e57e730e5aa17cd67008e774ec12.JPG

DSC_0238.thumb.JPG.273d777cb72bc34d5be5ecb8811fa755.JPG

• Like 2

Well done David

Virtual bottle of champagne being sent in bits across the internet.  Enjoy :D 

League table updated. Very close at the top.

Also well done to newcomer Steve. Jumped into 6th place with his score..

• Thanks 1

StraightEdge

Second that - very well done David!

Good also to see a bit of momentum gathering.  Hopefully some of the guys on the Facebook group who've recently built or are currently building F3- and F5-RES models might join in the challenge.

• Thanks 1