Malvern, Saturday 15th May

PaulR

Richard Swindells
59 minutes ago, Monz said:

I'm so excited! Even if the weather's crap its going to be great to see you all again. Bed now, up at 4am.

2nd that!  I dont give a crap if it rains all day.. seeing real people will be worth it :)

Bit of a panic tonight though, lipos clearly dont store for 2x years without a charge. They are now balloons!

I managed to make up a new one that will hopefully avoid a re-kitted model.

I dont have any watches that I can find, so will make an attempt to use one of the mobile apps for timing

thechalster
7 hours ago, Richard Swindells said:

2nd that!  I dont give a crap if it rains all day.. seeing real people will be worth it :)

Bit of a panic tonight though, lipos clearly dont store for 2x years without a charge. They are now balloons!

I managed to make up a new one that will hopefully avoid a re-kitted model.

I dont have any watches that I can find, so will make an attempt to use one of the mobile apps for timing

I have some spare single cell lipos  in my charging box if you get desperate.

There was no tape/pegs/cones to mark the flight box today - my fault, sorry.  I'll bring it all to Radioglide.

Congratulations to Neil H for the weather call.  (I would have cancelled).

Neil, buy a lottery ticket.

Well done Paul for making the contactless scoring easy.

Thanks to the Malvern Soaring Association for the lone of their fabulous site.

• Like 2

Simon B

Big thanks to Paul and Neil for making it happen and to everyone else involved, It was good flying, in between the showers. looking forward to the next one.

• Like 2

Glad we went ahead. Just need to sort out my wing now...

I think the confusion over the scoring for the final round has caused a slight issue. Looks like scores have been calculated as one big group.

I'll look into resolving that, not sure what impact, if any, it will have on the standings...

• Like 1

MikeDLG

Great day!  And very glad I was wrong about the weather!  Thanks Neil and Paul and MSA.  Really nice to see every one again and to see some new entrants. 

• Like 2

Just to confirm, I've sorted the scores for the two groups in the final round now.

Due to the fact that there was a full 8 minutes scored by Mike C and Mike S, one in each of the two groups, all relative scores stay exactly the same and therefore there is no change at all in scores or final result.

• Like 2

thechalster

So glad the weather was on our side for once!  Wet feet but big smiles.  In between the showers it was really good condition with light winds and patches of light light lift.  

Thanks to all CD duo, Mike f for making the trip just  to support us and MSA for the use of the field.  

Also a big thanks to all the pilots it’s just a great sport which is fun on your own but infinity better together,  which I think we have all realised over the last 18months.  Win lose or draw it’s just great to get together and fly with a goal.

cheers. Hope to see you all at the next one.

Mike C

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, mikef said:

What happened to round 6?

Replaced with round 7. Scoring showed the wrong task for some reason. Hence the confusion described above...

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

A great day's flying...

Big thank you to the MSA for the amazing field, always love flying there, many fond memories.

All 12 pilots turned up to what was a damp start but the weather improved for good soaring conditions, there were intermittent showers throughout the day but we managed to complete 6 rounds.

Great to catch up and see fiends after such a long time.

Thanks to my tech expert and wingman Paul R for everything.

Always amazing to see new people at a competition, both John and Nick seemed to really enjoy it and learnt loads.

Congratulations to Richard for the win on your return to F3K, well done brother.

A good start to the season!

See you all at Radioglide

• Like 2

From completeness, a copy of the results is attached below.

They are also viewable on line here: https://www.f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=2057# where you can also explore the individual round results. You don't need to log in to see the results so they should be visible to all.

The "Position chart" is also interesting - showing each pilots position overall after each round.

BMFA F3K 2021 Malvern Results.pdf

• Like 1