compositeRC

roderic craig

roderic craig

Some years ago I was at Tony Fu's looking for a Typhoon but he hadn't one and suggested I wait for John Hammond 's Arresti but that seemed to take forever and ended up with the 108 . Team Aeroic don't seem to be prolific producers and now I see Composite RC in Germany seem to be making an identical model to the Typhoon and the Aresti 2m. They don't have an email so can't quiz them on whether theirs has the sine wave wing of John Hammond or all the really robust boom and wing joiner etc! Can anyone enlighten me?

Phil.Taylor

There was a discussion about composite rc models on here last october - link below if it works.

They seem to be just re-badging / re-selling other models eg RCRCM, Valenta, Aeroic - and for a hefty price mark up. No evidence of them actually making anything.

If you want a Typhoon go direct to RCRCM

If you want an Aresti go direct to Zhou in China - he made them for JH

Phil.

Phil.Taylor

Look through the other thread from that link - theres his website address in there somewhere.

Edit - its RGMCN.COM

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late i know but yes they have the sign wave spar in them, had a 108 delivered end of Jan this year along with a Hurricane that's 2.2m and a DragonFly that's 3m and all have that spar in them. Now waiting for 3 X 2m Aresti to be made and delivered . been very impressed with the fit and finish  hence why got the others on order . Just need Zhou to make up Neil's order then he can get onto ours as love the 108 its just a very big lump so that will end up being a glider for very windy days and the 2m for the rest 

thanks Si

10 hours ago, Big Si said:

Bit late i know but yes they have the sign wave spar in them, had a 108 delivered end of Jan this year along with a Hurricane that's 2.2m and a DragonFly that's 3m and all have that spar in them. Now waiting for 3 X 2m Aresti to be made and delivered . been very impressed with the fit and finish  hence why got the others on order . Just need Zhou to make up Neil's order then he can get onto ours as love the 108 its just a very big lump so that will end up being a glider for very windy days and the 2m for the rest 

thanks Si

I keep looking at the DragonFly, what's it like as I haven't found any threads on it yet.

roderic craig

Oh thats very helpful. Did try to contact China by email which wasn't easy as they seemed to want Chinese lettering!! However did get a reply but they wanted £100 shipping.

Are the models you are getting for sale . Are the 2m Aresti up for grabs?

Zhou's English is excellent, probably better than many posts on this forum.

Post for 1 model from china are always going to be disproportionately large.

I'd speak with Neil at flight Tech and ask him when his models are arriving.  Zhou is busily building now.

Ian

On 13/05/2021 at 09:32, Feefo said:

I keep looking at the DragonFly, what's it like as I haven't found any threads on it yet.

Its very nice and if the weather would play ball it would be in the air today or tomorrow so fingers crossed for tomorrow 

Its more or less an Alpina fuz with a Red Shift wing so supper solid and been told stupid fast and fun to fly,needs 8mm servos for the Ailerons though as very thin and not a lot of room but the rest seem fine and easy to fit 

. goes together very nice and the finish it really nice. Know one being flown and he loves it and likes it full of ballast and going like its **** is on fire lol

• Like 1

On 13/05/2021 at 09:53, roderic craig said:

Oh thats very helpful. Did try to contact China by email which wasn't easy as they seemed to want Chinese lettering!! However did get a reply but they wanted £100 shipping.

Are the models you are getting for sale . Are the 2m Aresti up for grabs?

Yes down side to just one ordering hence why we are buying 3 as then the post is split between the 3 of us making it a bit cheaper.

the order me and my mate had beginning of the year was just us 2 so it was a ton each but we had 4 models so at £50 each on top we felt it was very cheap as for what i paid for the 108 as opposed to a shop i could of got 2 and then some even with the post on top but its the luck of the draw on if you get customs on top as well that could add a good chunk on top as well but we felt it was still worth it and we got to chose the colours as well rather than just getting what the shop had , hence why we have done a second order and knowing me and my mates we will again lol

roderic craig

how do you pay China? Seems a bit risky send all that money there ! did you have to pay up front and just hope the planes arrived ?

Rod 

3 hours ago, roderic craig said:

how do you pay China? Seems a bit risky send all that money there ! did you have to pay up front and just hope the planes arrived ?

Rod 

yes you pay upfront and with western union, it is a cross your fingers and hope kinda thing 

if you fancy a dragon fly i would send Neil a shout at Flightech as i know he has some coming because we are having to wait till after his order dam the man lol

ours are still a month plus off before they even get started so be a few months yet till 

19 hours ago, Big Si said:

Its very nice and if the weather would play ball it would be in the air today or tomorrow so fingers crossed for tomorrow 

Its more or less an Alpina fuz with a Red Shift wing so supper solid and been told stupid fast and fun to fly,needs 8mm servos for the Ailerons though as very thin and not a lot of room but the rest seem fine and easy to fit 

. goes together very nice and the finish it really nice. Know one being flown and he loves it and likes it full of ballast and going like its **** is on fire lol

Cheers

On 16/05/2021 at 10:20, Feefo said:

Cheers

No problem, was round at my mates having a look at it today,very nice and should go very very well and more room in the fuz than i thought there would be 

now hoping wed up the Orme 

why oh why is it so hard to get a nice day with a west wind 

19 hours ago, Big Si said:

No problem, was round at my mates having a look at it today,very nice and should go very very well and more room in the fuz than i thought there would be 

now hoping wed up the Orme 

why oh why is it so hard to get a nice day with a west wind 

I was thinking of heading to the Mynd tomorrow but the weather forecast has changed and I'm not sure it's worth the trip. TBH if I don't go it'll end up that I should have gone and if I do go, then I shouldn't have..... seems to be the pattern that plagues me recently 😕

2 hours ago, Feefo said:

I was thinking of heading to the Mynd tomorrow but the weather forecast has changed and I'm not sure it's worth the trip. TBH if I don't go it'll end up that I should have gone and if I do go, then I shouldn't have..... seems to be the pattern that plagues me recently 😕

Me and my Mate are heading to the Orme instead as it gives west 10-12 mph but dry most the day with the possibility of a shower lunch time but still going anyway as need a fix lol